[How To] How to set colored welcome message

Started by Loup, December 12, 2018, 20:05

Loup

Hello Guys!
Its Loup here, thought to make a proper tutorial about having colored welcome message when you login (as the title says as well).

Just a small Message:

QuoteI searched before posting here and found some related topics:

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=23332.0
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=16764.0

The problem is that none of the above link tells clearly about how to do it, there is a link given also in those topics but that dosen't work anymore.

and also found a topic of:
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=13916

Which is not a tutorial its a reply from players, so I thought to make a proper tutorial for this.

Btw. I can't post in the Tutorial section, idk why but the "New Topic" does not shows in that section for me.

Okay, lets start!

The color message is a message with HTML color codes given before the message to add colors to it. Speaking of html color codes you will find some numbers such as "#3352FF" (which represents a blue color) and might be thinking of what those numbers are and how they show a particular color, well lets discuss it in basic.

Basically html color codes are started from 00 and ends with FF. The numbers start from 00 to 01, 02, 03...upto 09 and after 9 it starts to go on alphabetic order, so after 9 its A, B, C, D, E, F, it starts from 01 to 0F and then 10 and so on... These numbers are showing values of A [10] B [11] C [12] D [13] E [14] F [15] (Total 16 numbers including 0) just like hexadecimals.

The number 0 works as off.
The number 1 works as darker color.
The number F works as lighter color.

so as you go from 1 to F the color goes from darker to lighter.

How do you know what color you will get?

It starts from RGB colors. An RGB color value is specified with:

R          G             B
Red      Green      Blue

so it is sorted in this way:

R        G       B
00      00      00

If you increase the value of red, it will show you a dark color going upto the final value of FF it will show you the lightest and brightest red color. An example can be seen here:

R       G         B
FF      00      00

These 3 colors are combined in different amount to form new colors. You can either try a random color to see what color it generates or just check for the HTML Color Codes.

HTML Color Codes:
https://htmlcolorcodes.com/

This was just a small explanation of html color codes to show you what actually these numbers are used for and how they work, now lets talk about how they can be added to your welcome message in game.

When you choose your HTML color, you might have a "#" hash in your code like the picture above at example, we don't need that hash so if you get it just remove it or your color code in game won't work.

Step 1:

Login to the server and type "/settings" command

and at 2nd last option you will find a "welcome message"

double click it and you will see a small bar where you can type your welcome message.

Step 2:

Put the color code in this bracket { } and then add your message after it.
An Example: {FF0000} Hello Guys!

Results: Hello Guys!

You're all done with having a colored welcome message.

Let's go a bit advance by setting multiple color to your welcome message.

Step 1:

For this select 2 or more color codes and put 1 code in one bracket, then put your message and then next code in other bracket then put your other message. An Example: {FF0000} Hello {00FF00} Guys!

Results: Hello Guys!

Remember:
*Color code must be before your message then it will work on your message.
*You can only type 64 characters in your welcome message (including the color codes and brackets), each of the bracket each of the number and alphabetic will be counted, so if some of your text is not shown maybe its because you have more than 64 characters.

Means that this is the correct way: {FF0000} Hello Guys!
And this is the wrong way: Hello Guys! {FF0000}

This is a video tutorial for those who don't wanna read all the stuff and just wanna directly see this feature in action.

So this was the Tutorial, I hope you guys like it :), Thanks.
-Loup

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

pjnk

Loup

Quote from: pjnk on December 12, 2018, 22:15
We already have such a tutorial

https://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=23332.0

That is not a tutorial, in that link you only find a color code picture and 2 broken links thats it, and here I have created a clear and conplete guide of how you can do it, please check it again that I already have mentioned that *I searched* and this is at the top of the post, a picture and a broken link doesn't really tells anything, this is a proper tutorial that I have posted.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

Great tutorial, it took someone with less than average english a few seconds to do it after i sent them here rather than several minutes as in the past. :like:

Moved to tutorials

Joshy

I just re-uploaded one of the missing links. Available at @ https://xdjoshuaaz.github.io/gta-color-html/index.html or usable below.

[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)