Allow parking at 'The Big Ear'

Started by Enfield, March 12, 2018, 10:57

Enfield

Hello,

as anyone who's ever done bus missions would know, the Big Ear is a pretty nice place to start a Bus/Coach duty from, as there are always missions from there.

My case is: I live in Fort Carson and I have a Bus. Everytime I start a bus mission from there, the loading point is ovbiously at the Big Ear. Climbing up the road to the top of the Big Ear can be a bit of a struggle sometimes, specially with large vehicles like Bus (it gets even harder with Coach as its handling ain't got the widest steering angle in the world). In order to avoid going up that road everytime, some days ago I decided to place my bus in the parking slots on the right of the Big Ear, exactly HERE, but that zone seems not to be a designated parking zone. Basically what I'm asking for is to allow parking vehicles there.

Some might point out that doing so might make it harder for thieves to steal the vehicles placed there:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In that case, why not moving those two vehicles here? There's enough space for them there, right next to that Yosemite
[spoiler][/spoiler]

To sum up, my suggestion, shown in the picture below, would consist in moving those two vehicles to the red box and making the green box available to park vehicles.

Anyway, it has parking slots and therefore it should be added as a parking zone, just like most of the rest of the parking slots in the server map, right? :P. I know this suggestion is pretty personal as I really doubt anyone else than me is in this situation that I described on the second paragraph, but following the logic I just explained on the last sentence, I really think it should be added.

Thanks for your attention,

Enfield.
greEtoNgs

Shock

there is a big base from a club there just join it

also there is a parking place under the mountain in FC
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Enfield

I am fully aware. The main purpose of the suggestion is to avoid having to drive on that curvy road. Having a huge base and a parking under the mountain wont solve anything.
greEtoNgs

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Enfield on March 12, 2018, 21:28
I am fully aware. The main purpose of the suggestion is to avoid having to drive on that curvy road. Having a huge base and a parking under the mountain wont solve anything.

Tow your coach over the mountain?  :biggrin: :ccmas:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

j7n

If you don't want to play realistically, you can you the Cruise Control cheat to drive up the shortcut.

http://i.imgur.com/OGpPXmH.png

Currently the parking divisions are too small. It is a car parking, not a bus/truck parking. Some bus parking could be created on the other side of the Big Ear Radio Telescope from where the loading is. Busses could be easily driven into there or out, and be out of the way. But putting the lines is probably more effort in mapping than it seems (I dunno). And people may want to put trucks there then. About 5 car spaces could still remain in front of the busses; and both are still accessible.

http://i.imgur.com/sU3DUkN.png
http://i.imgur.com/FITEU1Q.png

I would remove the cars in front of the Big Ear, because they get pushed often by Racing busses. And I would not park my personal car there, to avoid it being pushed downhill, possibly on purpose.

It seems Big Ear is used for getting small missions to SF for achievement. But I don't like that depot, because it is a curvy road coming from either side, for which we are not paid. You can put bus on public parking, and spawn there. For example in Doherty, where more direct routes are available. Or Wolford.

Enfield

Quote from: j7n on March 13, 2018, 04:05
If you don't want to play realistically, you can you the Cruise Control cheat to drive up the shortcut.

That's it, I do want to play realistically, specially if it's about Bus or Truck missions ;). I know about that uphill and the CC bug, I've used it many times as thief, just to gain time as stealing cars is something that can't be done driving realistically.

Quote from: j7n on March 13, 2018, 04:05
Some bus parking could be created on the other side of the Big Ear Radio Telescope from where the loading is. Busses could be easily driven into there or out, and be out of the way. But putting the lines is probably more effort in mapping than it seems (I dunno).

That's a pretty nice idea tbh, I'd even prefer that to my original suggestion. About the mapping of the lines, I ain't sure about the effort it'd take either. I tried mapping with MTA some years ago, but I didn't do much so far.
greEtoNgs

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview