Can't repair Duneride and sometimes Securicar

Started by j7n, February 08, 2018, 11:11

j7n

Why am I not able to fully repair my Duneride with either fixcar or fix? The health gets replenished but the vehicle remains visibly dented until I go into a pay & spray or respawn it. I noticed this sometimes happens with other vehicles such as Securicar, but I might be able to repair it by damaging and repairing it another time. I have never been able to repair the Dune.

Dobby

Its a SA:MP bug with the duneride last i checked.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Emily

the duneride has always been bugged like that. the only fix is using in game fix methods or if you're really desperate for whatever reason restoring it with it fully fixed will fix it or restreaming it by going away from and coming back to it.. but you have to go a little ways for that.

other vehicles just happen because of synchronisation between your client and the server.. redamaging them and attempting repairs again will solve the issue.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ari

Shock

Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

j7n

Quote from: Emily on February 14, 2018, 09:57the only fix is using in game fix methods or if you're really desperate for whatever reason restoring it with it fully fixed will fix it or restreaming it by going away from and coming back to it..
This is correct. The vehicle is fixed if I walk far enough and return. I've also received confirmation from another player that my damaged Dune looks good to them.

I too frequently underestimate the speed that this vehicle can gain or mantain from its mass. Also the wheels appear to be buggy, an a small obstacle, like the road borders in Unresting or the Palomino gap, can send this vehicle jumping, where any other vehicle, let alone similarly soft SK or Ranger, would go over. Then I'm stuck in Unresting with ugly vehicle and long distance until repair or respawn point.

BGTrucker

This has happened to me with many vehicles. For example sometimes my roadtrain is wrecked,i/fix it and the state says perfect but it still looks damaged. Also have happenes with limo,bua,and many other vehicles.
About duneride,idk if you have noticed but there is a bug with it headlights,they are lightening under the truck instead of ahead of it. Ita a texture bug,not server,there is a fix for it.

j7n

There indeed is a fix for the model errors: it moves the headlight to the front, makes all lamps work, and turns the wheels unreflective so they appear rich black in most conditions. The fix is good. It does not affect the repair behavior, which remains buggy.

http://i.imgur.com/OZbqcpM.png

BGTrucker

Quote from: j7n on April 03, 2018, 14:52
There indeed is a fix for the model errors: it moves the headlight to the front, makes all lamps work, and turns the wheels unreflective so they appear rich black in most conditions. The fix is good. It does not affect the repair behavior, which remains buggy.

http://i.imgur.com/OZbqcpM.png
actually its lifhts were pointing backwards too,not only under the truck,so it changes their direction too.