News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Improve Anti-Cheat

Started by Nag, February 02, 2018, 16:27

Nag

Hi everyone,
              I notice that our anti cheat system is weak, we should work for that because players are pissed off when there is a hacker online, like they can't work properly resulting to leave the game. And we should be strict when it comes to IP. Improving the ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM will help the server a lot. that's all thank you.

-Nag

Emily

Our anti-cheat system in my opinion is just about as good as it could get... I get that people are getting banned because of other hackers, and yes there are cheats that don't get recognised sometimes, but to put it into perspective, staff firstly have to test it with every available cheat they can find.. they might not get them all. secondly, they can't make it too strict bc then it could trigger for no reason. thirdly, I've been trying to test this myself, at least I have tried to test this, but it's kind of hard to get an anti-cheat to detect a hack that someone else is using to manipulate other players.. every test shows it being the player's fault instead of the actual hacker.

Sorry, but it's annoying seeing posts by people who don't understand.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

j7n

Maybe the hacker could get busted if he is known to be in the large unknown location region, but within the coordinates of the main map where other regions exist.

Emily

it also doesn't help that our staff list is posted on our website... and if staff are "on duty" they can be seen in game via /admins.. I feel like he uses this to determine when he's gonna do his thing.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Dobby

Quote from: Emily on February 03, 2018, 09:50
it also doesn't help that our staff list is posted on our website... and if staff are "on duty" they can be seen in game via /admins.. I feel like he uses this to determine when he's gonna do his thing.

Make outing admins that are hidden punishable, hide staff lists on forum and website.

Figuring out ways to counter the cheats is a pain in the arse. You've got to figure out how he's doing it, and come up with a possible fix.

For example a while ago some cheat would teleport them into your car and throw you up. They'd then tp back to their car. It You wouldn't usually notice this cause it's quick. But Figuring that out was annoying to do.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Emily

Quote from: Dobby on February 03, 2018, 13:04

Make outing admins that are hidden punishable, hide staff lists on forum and website.

Figuring out ways to counter the cheats is a pain in the arse. You've got to figure out how he's doing it, and come up with a possible fix.

For example a while ago some cheat would teleport them into your car and throw you up. They'd then tp back to their car. It You wouldn't usually notice this cause it's quick. But Figuring that out was annoying to do.

Precisely what I'm getting at. It's super difficult. The cheats came first (this game has now been out so long people are able to find ways to bypass detection), now we have to play the catchup. It's what always happens. There's a new virus first, then antivirus updates to protect it. The only difference is, they have a paid full staff with professional training, and this place has a band of volunteers with little to none.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Nag

It should be posted but they need a requirements to view that list, at least long time of playing or had a required score, or forum label.

TiPiR

Definitely the main problem how samp dont have one good anti cheat system like mtasa.
My opinion how ct anti cheat system (called smokey) is working good.
And I think about how u know nothing about ct anti cheat system.
Only ct scripters and admins know how it works.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview