News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Computer issues help?

Started by RaceRX, January 01, 2018, 19:33

RaceRX

So since the last time I played, I can't remember what I was doing but I believe I registered a dll for something, and ever since my computer blue screens but it's not a regular blue screen it just mentions one directory in the top left corner. Windows 7 ultimate by the way. Anyway when I go to reverse back in time on my hdd it crashes with the same blue screen, or if I try to launch it anyway it crashes on said blue screen. Is there something I can do in the bios? And if it's trashed is there a way to get my files off my computer? I have mods on there take took me a month to make that I'd love to get back lol
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Razbitze

Windows refresh. All you're gonna lose are the softwares. (Not software preferences or associated files,just the soft itself).

RaceRX

it's been a long time since I did anything on a computer I can't remember how to do shit lol how do I go about that I need a copy of windows 7 yeah? That also reminds me of my $1500 laptop that's purple screening on startup if you know anything about that (got it that way for free)
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Emily

I'm not sure windows 7 had a refresh feature. I know it's a feature in 10, but not sure about 7.
if you can get into safe mode, you should be able to remove said dll if you know what it is. or another work around, in case windows won't start for shite, is to create a linux live usb thingy (link me daddy) to boot from so you can browse your hard drive

and the final solutions would ultimately be reinstalling winders
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

You should be able to boot from a different drive and access the old one without any problems, that's what I always did back in the day which never failed (and I had A LOT of blue screens back then)

Emily

Quote from: Eurobeat on January 02, 2018, 05:57
You should be able to boot from a different drive and access the old one without any problems, that's what I always did back in the day which never failed (and I had A LOT of blue screens back then)

Precisely what i said with the whole linux live thing.. if you don't have a spare drive, buy a shitty 4gb usb and make a linux thing. use an ubuntu base or something easy, and you'll have a full gui without installing anything on your main drive
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Razbitze

Didnt think if Win7 has or not the Refresh feature. But I know Win8 has  ::)