Extend large fuel stations to cover all pumps

Started by j7n, November 14, 2017, 05:54

j7n

Please extend areas of the largest fuel stations to cover all pumps. There isn't a visual indication informing the player which paths work and which don't have diesel fuel or whatever ahead of time. The paths that don't work are in front of loading points in Narwick and Milestone truck stops, and player might expect to go through and fuel right away, and find that he must turn around and enter another path.

Milestone Truck Stop:

Normally fuelling areas are quite generous, and should work here too on the outside.

Narwick Truck Stop (a few innermost pumps don't work):

Bone County drive-through station:

vlad1skoo

MY DISCORD SERVER https://discord.gg/Xpu6nBZ

Eurobeat

A surefire way to tell where you can refuel is by looking for the yellow dot on the map  however I do agree that it's a bit silly not being able to refuel at all the pumps.

Unless the fuel areas have a preset radius hardcoded into them, I'd also say the big stations' areas need to be changed

UncleDrew

yeah, it get me sometimes specially in bone county. always finding the right pump for fuel

Boer.

S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O ™

Loup

Yeah its a very good idea  :like:, either increase the range or just maybe another yellow dot and fuel system on the remaining pumps will do the job.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Davicin.

+1, this is a good idea, this would be more easy for refuel...  :like:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Shock

they have a fixed radius and as far as i know it cant be extended
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Dobby

Quote from: Shock on November 14, 2017, 18:55

It can. The only issue I can think of is if the range is too big it'll let you fuel from further outside fuel stations (the areas are either square or circle) and it looks stupid.

Why not just remap the shit fuel stations?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Shock

Quote from: Dobby on November 15, 2017, 16:10

It can. The only issue I can think of is if the range is too big it'll let you fuel from further outside fuel stations (the areas are either square or circle) and it looks stupid.

have you met our mapping team? they wont bother
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Benny

Quote from: Shock on November 15, 2017, 16:28
Quote from: Dobby on November 15, 2017, 16:10

have you met our mapping team? they wont bother
You would remap the whole thing just because you cant refuel at all the pumps? seriously.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

j7n

If a variable region cannot be defined for fuel stations, then I would suggest moving the marker inward in Narwick like it is in Milestone, where then only the innermost side doesn't allow fuelling. The more distant pumps are the ones to choose if coming in the correct way from the right gate after a U-turn.

Currently we can access fuel from the middle of the road in Narwick Truck Stop. In other fuel stations we at least need to be close to the wall.

I do not have a complete understanding of the technicalities, but mapping of objects shouldn't be needed to adjust the coordinates of a region where something is permitted to happen.

These Truck Stops work with large vehicles well otherwise.

CarlJohnson

We can't increase the range as the range for smaller pumps will also be increased. Re-mapping them is again a lot of work. I'm not sure but the gas stations have to be added manually through SQL migrations so, removing them and adding them again is some work, I'll check if I can move them directly otherwise we will think of something else.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview