Vehicle owner names, wall of text

Started by j7n, October 11, 2017, 07:45

j7n

All owned vehicles display the vehicle name, owner name and company name. This turns into a wall of text that sometimes prevents seeing the actual cars.

http://i.imgur.com/c9V6MU0.png

How to turn this text off?

Please move to the Help section.

Eurobeat

Currently there is no way(unless it's hidden away) to hide labels on cars. Having an option to turn labels off would improve FPS and general aesthetics though.

j7n

Please consider adding a /preference or a command like /DL that toggles this text. Went to a car show yesterday, which could have looked better without the text. Also when you meet a driver and have to "meep" him, there is a lot of information to parse in limited time. People drive trucks of others often.

Shock

Quote from: j7n on October 15, 2017, 06:28
Please consider adding a /preference or a command like /DL that toggles this text. Went to a car show yesterday, which could have looked better without the text. Also when you meet a driver and have to "meep" him, there is a lot of information to parse in limited time. People drive trucks of others often.

the command /DL  already has a purpose it shows the vehicles information
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

j7n

I meant another command that works just like that one.

bazingashane0

To be honest its more silly not showing the car owners name cause then it confuses people with public vehicles. And this should honestly be in suggestions, not help considering it's not a gamemode or game bug/ problem.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Nado

pls make it toggleable command or something, idc about other people vehicles when I am driving a vehicle, if I want find someone else vehicle, I use a toggle command to enable the informations
S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

j7n

The FPS impact I expect to be negligible because the text is superimposed onto the picture and not affected by geometry and light. This creates a problem. If I drive my own trailer in a low contrast scene, such as in FOG during night time, the text is in front of me all the time at full brightness, and dominates the picture. Sometimes it is hard to see the road or the precise orientation of the truck. (Worse if the camera hadn't been rotated.)

One could argue that the truck ought to be painted in bright color to avoid this, but then some color combinations become restricted for no good reason.

Also if I look back with the behind key, I see the label on my own trailer first, and it looks like the name of another player until I read it.

The owner name could still be displayed on the password dialog, possibly in the center of the screen when a foreign vehicle is entered, or when the labels are toggled on with a command.