News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Traffic Rules

Started by BGTrucker, January 29, 2017, 12:09

BGTrucker

I was thinking to suggest this a long time ago,and now I finally desided to post it.
Well,there are cases where players collide on crossings,and they blame each other that they had to wait for the other to pass first.
My suggestion is to make a rule that in such situations we take in mind what light the traffic lights are showing to both players(in places where traffic lights are present,mapped or by default),if no traffic lights,then we take in mind which was on the main road according to road signs,if any.If no traffic lights or road signs for main road,then we take in mind the road markings,because they also can show the main road,and last,if no traffic lights,road signs or road markings,we follow the rule of the rightmost.I'll try to give some examples:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.If 2 players collide on a crossing with traffic lights,and if the player who crossed on red light rammed the other,then the player having a red light is guilty. Also if you had red light but thought you would be able to cross before the other player,and the player with green light crashed into you,he is not guilty,but you are,because you had red light.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.If 2 players collide on a crossing with no traffic lights but road signs showing the main road,the one who was not on the main road is guilty if he hits the player moving on the main road. If the player who is not on the main road thinks that the player on the main road is far enough for him to cross first,but in the end the main road player hits the other player,then the non-main road player is to blame because he didnt make precise desicion if he would be able to cross or not.
3.Same as point 2 goes here.The rules are the same,but instead of road signs you follow the road markings.
4.If 2 players collide on a crossing with no traffic lights,road signs or road markings,the rightmost player has priority on the crossing,so the player on his left is guilty. Again like in point 2,if the left player thinks he could cross before the righmost player,but in the end the rightmost player hits him,the left player is to blame because he didnt make precise desicion.
Another thing to note is that when 2 players are against each other on a crossing,the one who will continue going straight is with priority,and if the turning player hits him,he is in fault.This applies in cases where the turning player turns left or makes a U-turn,and in cases when turning player turns right but has to go in the opposite lane to make a wide turn. In this case turning player is again in fault because its his duty to let the straight going player pass first.
Exception of the above case is when the main road makes a turn. In that case if both players are moving on the main road,the one who leaves the main road and takes a road on the right of it,is with priority over the other player who will leave the main road in the same direction,because in that case the second player is actually turning left.
Of course if you fall in any of these situations,and you are with priority,you dont have to push the throttle and then blame the other guy,its your duty to try and avoid an accident.
Also,I know in the game there are some crossings where there aren't traffic lights for all directions,and there it will be hard to judge who is guilty,but in most cases these rules might be useful,if someone makes report about such situation.
Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions to add to these may be.

Shock

Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Lucca

You explaind well, but I doubt this will work, no one will have patience to respect that.
And also, this is too complicate, too many situations can happen. Why make something that is so simple, become that complex ?

Martin

Quote from: Alphyx. on January 29, 2017, 13:52
You explaind well, but I doubt this will work, no one will have patience to respect that.
And also, this is too complicate, too many situations can happen. Why make something that is so simple, become that complex ?

Everyone is rushing to get more money and score instead of actually to enjoy playing the game. Overall, I support this all the way.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

BGTrucker

Now that I\m thinking,I'm not quite sure if traffic lights in SAMP are synced,I mean same traffic light can show different signal for every player in the same time. I mean,for example,if me and Martin are on the same crossing,the traffic lights might show green,or red for both of us in the same time,or for example it can show red to me,but in the same time for him to change to green. If traffic lights arent synced,so number 1 rule can drop,but other rules must apply in my opinion.

Ethan

you can RP like youre on ETS2 or even ATS (which these rules would apply more to).. I do it sometimes and dont even know it.

Ari

Quote from: Martin on January 29, 2017, 14:20
Quote from: Alphyx. on January 29, 2017, 13:52

Everyone is rushing to get more money and score instead of actually to enjoy playing the game. Overall, I support this all the way.

BGTrucker

Anyone knows if traffic lights in SAMP are synced ? If no,may be someone can help me test. We stand on same traffic light and check if it shows same signal for both of us.

Tyler

Quote from: BGTrucker on January 29, 2017, 16:00
Anyone knows if traffic lights in SAMP are synced ? If no,may be someone can help me test. We stand on same traffic light and check if it shows same signal for both of us.
They are

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

Shock

i think the traffic lights thing would be really shit but the others 2 could be implemented as basic driving rules.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

BGTrucker

Quote from: Tyler on January 29, 2017, 16:25
Quote from: BGTrucker on January 29, 2017, 16:00
They are
So whats the problem then ? + I didnt said to follow them,I just suggested to have these rules in mind when there is a conflict,for example if someone loses money because of such kind of accident and makes report,he can have advantage over the guy who rammed him and made him lose money of failed mission. Its rammer's problem if he thought that he is the King on the road.

AviatorAysar

If thats what u mean (Below) I support ur idea..

Player 1 (Traffic Light Red)
Player 2 (Traffic Light Green)

Player 1 crosses the red light, but nothing happened no ramming nor any thing or any missions failed..
    Nothing happens to Player 1, he continues normally..

If
Player 1 crosses the red light and rammed Player 2 who have the right to go in his way. and Player 2 lost the mission.
System will automatically Deduct money from PLayer 1 deposit to player 2 with penalty given to player 1
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

Quote from: Dux on January 29, 2017, 17:42

Player 1 crosses the red light, but nothing happened no ramming nor any thing or any missions failed..

If
Player 1 crosses the red light and rammed Player 2 who have the right to go in his way. and Player 2 lost the mission.
System will automatically Deduct money from Player 1 deposit to player 2 with penalty given to player 1

your interpretation of the suggestion here reaks of abuse... people will just ram everyone they see on the intersections to get money..

if people want to abide by the road laws, do so, but please dont force script it..

BGTrucker

Who said anything about scripting ? I didnt mention anything about making it automatically.
I said that we will use these methods if the players start fighting about who is guilty,and deside to make a report. If they make a report that someone rammed them while they were crossing for example on green light,they have to provide a screenshot or it didnt happen.
In addition of Dux' statement,if red light player is crossing,and green light player rams him(not on purpose),then green light player is not guilty because he is the one on  green light.

Shock

Quote from: Dux on January 29, 2017, 17:42

If
System will automatically Deduct money from PLayer 1 deposit to player 2 with penalty given to player 1

wow  lol do u even read what he wrote?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview