News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Streaming Distance

Started by Clucker, January 05, 2017, 07:50

Clucker

What is the streaming distance used in Convoy Trucking? :) and what's the best stream distance to use?

Dobby

You'll find that CT's draw distance is lower than other servers due to the obscene amount of objects being used. Too many objects on a client (the player) screen can cause crashes.

Adapt the stream distance (start at say, 300.0 and work your way up). Make sure your stream distance in options is maxed out too so you're not limited your side while testing obviously.

Have fun changing the stream distance parameter on your objects :P

#define    STREAM_DISTANCE_OBJ    300

I hope you're using something like that instead of say, replacing the stream distance code bit by bit.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Clucker

Quote from: Dobby on January 05, 2017, 11:36
You'll find that CT's draw distance is lower than other servers due to the obscene amount of objects being used. Too many objects on a client (the player) screen can cause crashes.

Adapt the stream distance (start at say, 300.0 and work your way up). Make sure your stream distance in options is maxed out too so you're not limited your side while testing obviously.

Have fun changing the stream distance parameter on your objects :P

#define    STREAM_DISTANCE_OBJ    300

I hope you're using something like that instead of say, replacing the stream distance code bit by bit.

i used 5000 wtf hahaha .. But thank you dobby :D  :like:  O:-)