Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

How?

Started by UncleDrew, December 27, 2016, 11:00

UncleDrew

How to costumise the name of the signs? help

Eurobeat

SAMP Map Editor, on an older version you could place down a sign and double click it or right click and click on properties - not sure if this changed with new updates, i dont know if you can edit them in MTA

Sjomp

UncleDrew

Clucker

You will need to use PAWNO compiler in order to change/modify the Road signs... A little bit of scripting/programming using PAWN programming language...

UncleDrew

Quote from: Pepe_The_Frog on December 27, 2016, 14:58
You will need to use PAWNO compiler in order to change/modify the Road signs... A little bit of scripting/programming using PAWN programming language...
scripting? hope i dont get a roller coaster ride while doing it lol!

Clucker

Yes XD scripting/programming... but it's easy since Sjomp gave you the Link for the Syntax code for that.. you'll just have to change the values of that Syntax on the link he provided to you :D

Jenis

Use map editor, spawn or find your wanted sign, double click on it and see texture index. Remember the texture name for example if sign containing texture named " sfsign.txd ". Then open TXD workshop program and locate GTA SA, models, gta 3. After you open that, type in " sfsign.txd " click on the wanted sign texture, right click " export ". Open your Photoshop or any editing program, import that picture of sign and change the text or color. After you did that, save it, open your TXD workshop, type in " sfsign.txd " right click " replace " and replace it with your new changed sign. Open your SAMP or GTA single player and enjoy :)

That's it.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Jenis on March 07, 2017, 17:15
Use map editor, spawn or find your wanted sign, double click on it and see texture index. Remember the texture name for example if sign containing texture named " sfsign.txd ". Then open TXD workshop program and locate GTA SA, models, gta 3. After you open that, type in " sfsign.txd " click on the wanted sign texture, right click " export ". Open your Photoshop or any editing program, import that picture of sign and change the text or color. After you did that, save it, open your TXD workshop, type in " sfsign.txd " right click " replace " and replace it with your new changed sign. Open your SAMP or GTA single player and enjoy :)

That's it.
That would replace every sfsign with the text you made, he only wants to change text on one sign.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Jenis

You're jealous right ?

Ethan

Quote from: Jenis on March 09, 2017, 00:30
You're jealous right ?

if you can solve the mystery of my maps not loading in MTA (map editor) Ill give you a cookie :) :like: :)

Jenis

Haha, shot the breeze son. I've been changing textures of my GTA for 2 years, otherwise, I wouldn't leave the comment :)

How come changing a texture of one " specific sign " can change all signs, if all signs are different?
I'm not guessing, this is my hobby and I have done this hundred of times, and believe me it's working.

CarlJohnson

I have no idea where you are coming from, but from my knowledge of replacing textures (snow mod and srt), lets say you replace the texture of certain piece of road, if the same piece of road is used anywhere else, it's have the same texture which you edited. Same thing happens with signs, lets say you replace a sign with the text "Hello World", if that same sign is used somewhere else (often happens when you map), everyone one of them would have "Hello World" written over them.

Atleast that's how I think the game works, someone could correct if me Im wrong.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Jenis

Ethan

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 09, 2017, 15:53
I have no idea where you are coming from, but from my knowledge of replacing textures (snow mod and srt), lets say you replace the texture of certain piece of road, if the same piece of road is used anywhere else, it's have the same texture which you edited.

Atleast that's how I think the game works, someone could correct if me Im wrong.

That's exactly how it works, Carl...  replace a road texture from lvl and it's mapped in wc, the same texture will show.