Kicking inactive mappers

Started by Doc., December 19, 2016, 19:55

Doc.

Hello, im pretty curious why inactive mappers arent kicked. A lot of players apply  to this and its fair to regenerate the team.Some mappers didnt touch samp construction or mta for ages..Regenerate teams to regenerate the server.Just saying,ty for the attention.
PS: appreciate players with potential that try hard and keep practise,they re the future of ct, stop criticising hard, we all were newbies.
Quote from: TiPiRtrolldock

Ethan

mappers are really only needed to add new islands, fix a bug, make an interesting change to the map.... there doesnt need to be 30 mappers in this server when there are plenty of capable people to do what is needed.. granted I have not done anything for sometime as I am currently working on side jobs, also, just because something new hasnt come out for weeks/months, doesnt mean there isnt something in the works behind the scenes.

Martin

Quote from: Ethan on December 19, 2016, 20:49
mappers are really only needed to add new islands, fix a bug, make an interesting change to the map.... there doesnt need to be 30 mappers in this server when there are plenty of capable people to do what is needed.. granted I have not done anything for sometime as I am currently working on side jobs, also, just because something new hasnt come out for weeks/months, doesnt mean there isnt something in the works behind the scenes.

I am quite doubtful about that.

Also, DOC, we know you want to get into the mappers' team and that there are some inactive people into it. Just be patient enough and if they decided, you will get accepted. And do not worry about the inactivity on it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Doc.

Im patient enough, but there is no point to wait for bored people when there are new guys with ideas and energy,waiting and waiting. They tell us to wait for weeks, obviously you get bored, 5 mappers in the whole team,leave a reply. It takes 2 mins not few weeks. One week is ok but if a mapper is not in forum for 1 week,he shouldnt be called mapper. Also i dont think there is something behind scenes for some mappers, they just cant admit they are done .its not a shame,keep REGENERATING as you do with mods.

Dobby

just because something new hasnt come out for weeks/months, doesnt mean there isnt something in the works behind the scenes.

That would be lying to the players. Please don't do that. There's currently no topic in the mapping section from you (Ethan) regarding any new map(s) ready for the server, or a WIP topic.

As for the other mappers, the only active one is Benny (in terms of release topics). The rest are nowhere to be seen.

If you can't map, or have time to anymore, just move on from it and let other players have a go.

Quote from: DOC on December 19, 2016, 19:55
A lot of players apply

Do they? cause from what i'm seeing there's one a month, either with poor / none-existent skills, or ones that are ignored/locked (yes, theres currently topics ignored in the mapper applications).

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ari

Quote from: Martin on December 20, 2016, 04:53
Also, DOC, we know you want to get into the mappers' team and that there are some inactive people into it. Just be patient enough and if they decided, you will get accepted. And do not worry about the inactivity on it.
You also want to be on that team. :ccmas:

Doc.

Quote from: Dobby on December 20, 2016, 13:06
just because something new hasnt come out for weeks/months, doesnt mean there isnt something in the works behind the scenes.

That would be lying to the players. Please don't do that. There's currently no topic in the mapping section from you (Ethan) regarding any new map(s) ready for the server, or a WIP topic.

As for the other mappers, the only active one is Benny (in terms of release topics). The rest are nowhere to be seen.

If you can't map, or have time to anymore, just move on from it and let other players have a go.

A lot of players apply

Do they? cause from what i'm seeing there's one a month, either with poor / none-existent skills, or ones that are ignored/locked (yes, theres currently topics ignored in the mapper applications).
Doesnt sound fair to ignore someone's application just if u're not able to put an opinion xD

Im just asking for kicking the bored and inactive people, and respond to applications faster. It doesnt take few months to reply a few opinions and take a decision. i didnt see a new guy in the mappers team for 2 years, thats because they are not organised, they cant even take a decision togheter.

Martin

Quote from: Rory on December 20, 2016, 13:12
Quote from: Martin on December 20, 2016, 04:53
You also want to be on that team. :ccmas:

Shh  :D

A lot of players apply

Thanks a lot, Dobby, for pointing that out!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

The topic no longer belongs to Problems and Complaints, everyone is posting their opinion anyway.

A lot of players apply

That's not entirely true. Ethan has been working on something as far as I know, he mentioned something in some other topics or probably messaged me about it.
Also, just because there is no release topic in mappers board, its wrong to assume that the one that doesn't post are doing nothing, Sjomp sometimes adds his map without creating a release topic because its really not needed for small roadworks and stuff.

Although I agree on moving on part, if you can't contribute, let others do it. Don't be too greedy about position/power, you can certainly gain it back if you are good enough.

As far as checking applications is concerned, I don't see a reason for posting in each and every application, some are just obvious no and that's why they get ignored. Sjomp and me usually talk about it IG because its really faster than posting on applications and waiting like for days just to hear a no.

Quote from: DOC on December 20, 2016, 13:34
Doesnt sound fair to ignore someone's application just if u're not able to put an opinion xD

Im just asking for kicking the bored and inactive people, and respond to applications faster. It doesnt take few months to reply a few opinions and take a decision. i didnt see a new guy in the mappers team for 2 years, thats because they are not organised, they cant even take a decision togheter.
I became a part of mappers team this year, although I haven't done much due to personal reasons but I'm working on something, otherwise should I blow up some another bridge to prove that I'm not inactive? :P
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Doc.

Cool then if all the 5 mappers are on forum each 2 or 3 days why do i have to wait for weeks, it is obviously approved or denied..doesnt make any sense to wait that much

Ethan

you do know that if you are approved, youll get a reply about it, otherwise youll get nothing...

TheGame

Im not inactive lol.. I mapped a whole new island in 2016, spent many hours in it. No idea why some people say that only Benny is active.. Other mappers also came up with multiple maps in 2016.

Just my two cents.

Benny

I joined back in september, made 2 roadworks so far, working on some other maps right now. Lately i don't see much activity in the mappers board but that doesn't mean nothing is being worked on, still you cant be sure if you ask me. And i would expect some more activity from admins as well since i have a feeling that they don't pay much attention to the board, also Carl, i dont agree with you that Sjomp(or you) don't have to make a topic if its a "small" roadwork. Post it as everyone else does, so say the rules.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Doc.

Quote from: Benny on December 20, 2016, 17:30
I joined back in september, made 2 roadworks so far, working on some other maps right now. Lately i don't see much activity in the mappers board but that doesn't mean nothing is being worked on, still you cant be sure if you ask me. And i would expect some more activity from admins as well since i have a feeling that they don't pay much attention to the board, also Carl, i dont agree with you that Sjomp(or you) don't have to make a topic if its a "small" roadwork. Post it as everyone else does, so say the rules.

I think in the 2016's CT a lot of people didnt respect rules buddy, but these are our times , idk what's gonna happen next year, it's like we going down :)

Clucker

IGNORED :'(