News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

LAN server

Started by Doc., December 16, 2016, 13:38

Doc.

Hello everybody! Im trying to make a lan samp server to test my maps on it. I tried to follow a tutorial on the internet. But i think i need a gamemode in it. Questions:
Where do i get a gamemode from?
How do i install it?(saw something on youtube but i didnt understand)
Do i need to change rcon password every time i want to connect to it?
Why did the 2nd time not work to connect?
Pleaseee, if one of you knows all the answers contact me in PM and help me step by step, through facebook/skype/whatsapp. Or just through pm's. Sorry for answering so many questions, but im trying to apply to mappers team, and i need to learn all these things. Thank you very much for attention and for helping me ! :like:
Quote from: TiPiRtrolldock

Martin

Looks like you have no clue how to use PAWN. First of all, start by opening your server.cfg file and changing your RCON password/server name/players limit to your desire. Creating a simple gamemode isn't hard at all. I'll insert a link here for you with a simple gamemode that I did: Gamemode Link. Now, place it in your gamemode folder, go back to the server.cfg and change grandlarc 1 to the gamemode's name.

About adding your map: You'll see a folder called pawno inside your server folder, however you named it. Open the pawno and press CTRL + N. You will see a few lines popped up on your screen. Search for the line public OnGameModeInit(). After AddPlayerClass, add your map code, if you are using the Map Construction. If you are mapping with MTA, the case is a bit different since you have to convert the code for PAWN. After you have placed your code, make sure they are all equal, by this I mean you must press TAB before each sentence, or just mark them all and press TAB. There's a icon on the top, when you hover over it, it should say Compile. Click on it, and place the 2 files you just got (.pwn and .amx) into your filterscripts folder.

Let's go back to your server.cfg, open it and add your filterscript, however you named it, to the filterscripts line. Start your server and you are good to go! If you don't know how to connect to it, simply open up your cmd.exe, type ipconfig and look for your IPv4 address. If you need any further help, either reply here or PM me.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Doc.

Thanks. I actually did that with a downloaded gamemode. But the server stopped working.No ping no nothing. I tried to add the ipv4 again at favorites but didnt work

CarlJohnson

You can use the default grandlarc gamemode if its just for testing maps.
You just need to change your Rcon password in server.cfg once. To teleport etc I believe there's a filterscript provided by SAMP testcmds or something like that. You can look into the filterscript folder and see the correct name , open it to see the commands.

To use those commands at your server add the filterscript to your server.cfg

Should be something like this
....filterscripts ls_elevator
Add it after this, would look like this
filterscripts ls_elevator testcmds

If your server still crash post the server log here (server_log.txt)

Also you can add your local server to your favorites by adding this: 127.0.0.1

IPv4 address is not needed. Your server starts at localhost (127.0.0.1)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Doc.

I deleted that gamemode from Martin and replaced with grandlarc..Wrote grandlarc 1 in server.cfg, added test_cmds filescript, but at the server list, at gamemode, it says "Blank Script" Instead of grandlarc..I connect, there appears "Connected.Joining the game...", and then it crashes.

CarlJohnson

Can you post your server.cfg here along with server_log.txt?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Martin

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 17, 2016, 10:16
Can you post your server.cfg here along with server_log.txt?

I'll fix it later on for him through Teamviewer.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS