Just a suggestion (if we can stop svr lags)

Started by UncleDrew, October 15, 2016, 18:59

UncleDrew

First of all. Many duties and responsibilities fall under the umbrella of network administrator.
Since mick is the owner. i guess he can try this.
1.Establish the symptoms.This is the first step in troubleshooting. At this stage, you are simply concerned with determining what the problem actually is.This is often MORE DIFFICULT than it sounds, but it is essential as you could find your self trying to get to the bottom of a problem that doesn't exist. From end users, you are specifically seeking answers to the following questions.
>When did the Problem occur?
>What was the user/s doing when the problem occured?
>How often does the problem occur?
>Has anything been done to try to correct the problem?
>Has anything changed on the system RECENTLY-New hardware,software or anything else?
The answer to these questions can provide the GREATEST CLUES as to the exact cause of the problem.
2.Identify the Affected Area. (Will not explain it cause mick or any staff might know it)
3.Establish what has changed. When a Computer. Or a network that has be config. properly and has been functioning sufficiently suddenly fails, it is often a sign that something has changed.
When looking for  changes to the network or a single system, consider the FOLLOWING.
>Has new software added to the system?
>Has any hardware been added to the system or network?
>Have system been moved around the network?
>Have system been added to the network?
4.Select the probable cause. It is not always easy to identify the single cause of a problem, as there can quite easily be several potential solution.
5.Implement a Solution.After you have selected the probable cause, it is finally time to try to correct the problem.
6.Test the result.It would be nice if the first solution you tried corrected the problem;unfortunately this is often the case.
7.Recognize the potential effect of the solution.
8.Document the Solution.When completing your documentation, include the FOLLOWING:
>The solution to the problem
>Other solution that may have been tried but were unsuccessful and why
>Who implemented the solution
>When the Solution was applied.

We all know that we are on a WAN or Wide Area Network. We can all connect to the server with our modems. I am still finding a solution that might help this server lags. P.S admins. if possible. tell me the topology. (E.g Bus, Mesh,Star etc.)

Source
Network+ by Mike Harwood.

Hobo

Uh. What. The server is hosted by a hosting company.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Shock

Just ignore, another shitpost that makes no sense what so ever
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

AviatorAysar

Mick will solve this.. im aure i trust him.. and in a small amnt of time
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

We already know why the server is lagging, you just gotta wait till we fix it rather than posting crap copied from somewhere.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS