Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

from video games to reality

Started by R3AP3R, August 08, 2016, 10:03

Ethan

Quote from: Fish on August 31, 2016, 15:07
Did you just assume R3AP's gender?
It's a generalized statement. and I changed it.

Hobo

Quote from: Fish on August 31, 2016, 15:07
Did you just assume R3AP's gender?
Thanks for keeping it PC  :ccmas: :like: :like:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

R3AP3R

well, after almost 6 months, it has finally come to an end. Ended my last exam some hours ago, got lucky because the examiner could've failed me for a mistake I did but in the end, it turned out to be well.

Papers will arrive in 4 weeks, apparently I'm allowed to work until they arrive but only in my country...not sure if I'll do that or not.

Anyway, I'm finally a truck driver...on paper...

Dr_dog

Now the real learning begins..
Enjoy... hehe
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

R3AP3R

Well, I'll keep this topic for future updates (photos from trips mostly since some of you asked for that; if I'll survive of course) instead of opening a different one.

Anyway, I'm officially hired, I'll be driving only in Romania from Monday to Friday. Truck is an ancientass 380bhp Scania which despite its looks, it actually drives pretty sweet (has 910.000km)...and it's a manual too...

Not much else to say....I've never been more terrified in my entire life then I am right now. If I could run in a cave and never come back out, I'd do it. It's not really hard to drive trucks but it's insanely easy to make a mistake. And mistakes in a 40 tone truck are a serious thing.

That's pretty much all, not sure when I'll start, most likely next Wednesday.

TheFoxman

Do you really like trucks in real life ? ;o   :like:

Lucca

Damn Reap really nice, good luck with that :)

Dr_dog

Whats with those tapes everywhere around the cab? Just slap some filler between the passenger side section, a toolbox or something and it'll instantly look prettier.. If you have a chance.

40 tons yeah it'll feel heavy for starters.. Now to think about it.. Finland just the truck alone is almost 40 tons.. Totaling to combination weight of 76 tons at best. And they are already testing heavier log trains up to 105 tons..

380hp with 910,000km isnt bad. is good enough for the 40 tons. I'm actually suprised how little its been driven. my R500 is about 50,000km away from 2,000,000km and its begging for new piston rings.

Either way. Have fun and drive safe. You are still a new driver for the heavier stuff, so take things slow and carefully.. When you pick up routine, things start to go faster. Just focus on doing it safe, speed will come on its own eventually.
You dont need 700hp for that. Those clowns burn it all in fuel and never even work the engine hard.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

R3AP3R

Well, even better news. Not going anywhere anymore (story of my life). Without going into details, I started understanding after a couple of days what was being asked from me in reality and it's something I'll never agree to do :cough: drive without rest :cough: use magnets :cough:

So, took advantage of the fact that I didn't sign any papers yet and backed off. The search for a job continues.

@Dr_dog, that's what I call 1 man transport company. Romania's full of them, there are basically old drivers (40-60 years old) who had enough driving for others, so they buy a 5.000E piece of shit and earn their living with it. They way they do that, that's a completely different story. Let's just say everybody drives by their own rules. BUT, it's getting harder for them since more and more new/young drivers like myself refuse working like that.
That truck is a wreck that's meant to work for 1 week without repairs. So that on weekends, the owners can fix em up to survive another week...and so on.

PS - I couldn't understand what you're talking about. That's not tape all over the cab, those are lights xD. Truck lights up like a Christmas tree at night

Dr_dog

So the things are there like things were here like 20 years ago. There were rules about driving times, But nobody really followed them because you couldnt afford to work nice 15 hour shifts, also police didnt watch them.. You just made the old tacho disc dissapear and put a new one in the bay and went off for another pickup. 30-40 hour drives were absolutely normal. Then go for max of like 8 hour rest, and off to drive again. I can say I done it too, now that the crime has expired long time ago. Either you used magnets just put new disc once old one runs out of time. Thankfully there is laws here in place now that you must pay atleast the minimal wage for the driver, otherwise would probably still be common to drive several 10 hour shifts in row without rest. and ofc it dangers the rest of the traffic.. I remember going through rail crossing gates with train coming.. But thats a story for some other day.

While the digital tacho machines put a stop to this, since the truck nows how long its been driven in a day, also it keeps track of how long the driver has been driving. You cant fool it so easily. But i guess such machines arent a thing in the south yet..

Yeah. Dont fall for those slavers.. They just get you in trouble with police at best, and probably doesnt even pay your wage properly.

Surely there is some legit transport companies around. Bigger the house is, most likely they actually pay their drivers and take care of them. Because if word gets around that they aint paying some driver.. Soon all of their drivers might refuse to work.

Good luck with your job hunting.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

R3AP3R

Promised to keep this topic up to date. Here's the latest update,

I'm leaving tomorrow to Waberer's in Hungary (yes, those yellow trucks you see in every ditch around Europe) for some medical exams, papers, more medical exams, more papers...this shit will take around 3 days. Wednesday night or Thursday morning is the departure day, I'll be driving for 4 weeks with an experienced driver.

The schedule, at least for the next 3-6 months, will be 4 weeks on the road, 1 week home.
We drive across the entire Middle East western Europe, UK, Scandinavia etc...

That's about it, I'll post pictures every now and then.

Doc.

Quote from: R3AP3R on January 21, 2017, 16:20
Promised to keep this topic up to date. Here's the latest update,

I'm leaving tomorrow to Waberer's in Hungary (yes, those yellow trucks you see in every ditch around Europe) for some medical exams, papers, more medical exams, more papers...this shit will take around 3 days. Wednesday night or Thursday morning is the departure day, I'll be driving for 4 weeks with an experienced driver.

The schedule, at least for the next 3-6 months, will be 4 weeks on the road, 1 week home.
We drive across the entire Middle East western Europe, UK, Scandinavia etc...

That's about it, I'll post pictures every now and then.
Drive safe, we wish you the best in your trucking carreer! :like:
Quote from: TiPiRtrolldock

Martin

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

R3AP3R

Hi

And no, it's not my truck, I'm leaving only tomorrow (I hope)

R3AP3R