News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

from video games to reality

Started by R3AP3R, August 08, 2016, 10:03

R3AP3R

Time to brag  >:D

Ok, 5 years ago, I discovered this server which pretty much kept me occupied during my last high-school years. Back than I was still dreaming about getting my car license and a car; trucks were present in my life only in CT. Real trucks were something far, far away. I was still in high-school (not even the last year). 5 years later, here I am, in the same room, with the same desk, same chair, same PC and same server. But with one big difference, I'm now legally allowed to drive trucks. I had my last truck driving school related exam last Thursday (truck+trailer) which ended successfully. I waited for this moment all my life and now it has finally come.

The hard part comes now, the truck driving school is over but now I'm required to get my transport license so that I'll be allowed to work as a truck driver. So 2 more exams for me at the end of August. Hopefully I'll be done with everything at the beginning of September.

Quotary

Congratulations on your truck license and good luck on your coming exams.
I got my car license on the same date you got your truck license and the same road is ahead, I want to get all my licenses, especially the truck and motorbike one.
If my carreer in the IT industry doesn't work out I'll become a truck driver.

TheSandman

Wow congrats! One day ill do mine, but with an extension just to say i can only do it for mechanic/testing/delivery purposes and not delivering actual goods. Easier exams and license renewals :D
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Spekter

Congratulations! I'm hoping to start classes for C by the end of August, and when done take CE too.  :winkcmas:

Google

Congratulations dude and i wish you safe roads when you'll finish with the transport licenses.

R3AP3R

Thanks guys. I've been to the office which deals with the transport licenses today, got my shit for studying (only have like 700 questions to know and answer and a shittone of other crap).

Good news is that they're collaborating with some transport companies and they made me some good work offers. The paycheck is pretty big considering I'll be a newbie with no experience, however, I'll have to drive from Austria to the UK and back on and on. Not really looking forward to driving on the wrong side of the road thru constant rain. But hey, muneh iz muneh!

Eurobeat

Quote from: R3AP on August 09, 2016, 16:29
Not really looking forward to driving on the wrong correct side of the road

fixed it for you

will you post pictures and keep us updated on your journeys?

Ethan

Quote from: R3AP on August 09, 2016, 16:29
Thanks guys. I've been to the office which deals with the transport licenses today, got my shit for studying (only have like 700 questions to know and answer and a shittone of other crap).
you could try and find them on the internet like some people here at CT did  (if people know what I am referring to)  but playing a game involving trucks and trailers and other shizzle sure helps, but the steering wheel is not a keyboard.... oh well

R3AP3R

@Fish sure, and if everything goes well, I'll start the YouTube project by January.

R3AP3R

well, just an update: on Saturday, I passed the hardest exam that I had to go thru (120 questions to answer), they scheduled me on the 9th of September for the practical exam. This one will be the last exam. From what I've heard, the examiner in this case, won't really care about how you're driving, he's interested more in how you're handling the tachograph.

So yeah, theoretically, in 10 days I should be ready to finally start working...well, not really...need to wait 3-4 weeks for the papers to arrive after that. But anyway...

UncleDrew

R3AP, Just a reminder. If you saw a cop, dont stop just RUN! okno xD btw gz and dont drive on the wrong side of the road :like:

Eurobeat

If you see animals or something on the road that isnt another person, dont swerve. Isnt worth rolling the truck for something like that - my old merc truck had the front left suspension overcompress and part of it broke when i swerved away from a dogerino on the motorway, needless to say i almost shit myself

R3AP3R

that's easier said than done xD. Got close to wrecking the car twice after avoiding a cat and a dog. It will take some time to get used to a completely new driving style but it ain't so bad.

By far the best thing that will make my life a lot easier and enjoyable is that 90% of the trucks here are automatic.

Ethan

real men (or women) drive stick!!

Eurobeat

Did you just assume R3AP's gender?