Achievements Suggestion

Started by CarlJohnson, May 27, 2016, 07:46

CarlJohnson

I was pondering over this for a while now, I believe adding more achievements will hopefully bring back player interest and make it more fun. I know some of you believe achievements kills the server but at the same time you must realise without any goal no one can do anything. Also achievements can be fun if they're well planned and are executed decently.

As of now I've got 1 things on my mind, you guys can suggest more.

Convoy Score

Well it was suggested in past as well and I thought it's really a good idea to do something with convoy score, right now convoy score is basically for the scoreboard stuff. It could be nice if we have some reward for it.

• Requirement: 10k (15k if needed) Convoy Score?
  • Reward: 500k + Unlock more convoy bonus
I know some of the players have 10k+ convoy score but we can't set the threshold to 50k or else it'll never be achievement (except from CVTM of-course - guy with 47k convoy score) but the majority of players doesn't have it over 10k - Data gathered from Scoreboard

This will encourage players to convoy more often and that's the whole point of server isn't it ? Also this will hopefully bring back Big Badass convoys which existed there in past.

Opinions ?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Rahail

New achievements aren't really needed, there are already 17 which are enough. Maybe you can add mini missions. They are same...
About convoy yea maybe you can add rewards after 5k score. Like 5k, 10k and 15k

UncleDrew

AviatorAysar

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 27, 2016, 07:46
I was pondering over this for a while now, I believe adding more achievements will hopefully bring back player interest and make it more fun. I know some of you believe achievements kills the server but at the same time you must realise without any goal no one can do anything. Also achievements can be fun if they're well planned and are executed decently.

As of now I've got 1 things on my mind, you guys can suggest more.

Convoy Score

Well it was suggested in past as well and I thought it's really a good idea to do something with convoy score, right now convoy score is basically for the scoreboard stuff. It could be nice if we have some reward for it.

• Requirement: 10k (15k if needed) Convoy Score?
  • Reward: 500k + Unlock more convoy bonus
I know some of the players have 10k+ convoy score but we can't set the threshold to 50k or else it'll never be achievement (except from CVTM of-course - guy with 47k convoy score) but the majority of players doesn't have it over 10k - Data gathered from Scoreboard

This will encourage players to convoy more often and that's the whole point of server isn't it ? Also this will hopefully bring back Big Badass convoys which existed there in past.

Opinions ?

Yeah thats nice, but already people didnt finish 17 achievement that what was said before, why will we add more achievements. + the ones who are done with the 17, they are still playing, I think there is no finish 17 and inactive.. It will get 3 4 players back not more..

But for the score maybe after we reach:
5k score: more percentage profit
10k score: more and more
20k score: more and more and more XD
ect..
40k score: 75 percent and its locked XD
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

StarFish

Quote from: Rahail on May 27, 2016, 08:03
New achievements aren't really needed, there are already 17 which are enough. Maybe you can add mini missions. They are same...
This :)
By mini missions for example:
Quote from: Gen.McMuffin$ on May 27, 2016, 08:09
Pizza Boy Achievement anyone?
URMJK420

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Rahail on May 27, 2016, 08:03
Well to be honest even if we keep it not like an Achievement, it'll still be an achievement, you're getting something for doing something.
I understand some of us may not like this but we'll have to move on someday or the other, we can't stay forever with 17 achievements.

Also this achievement is basically to encourage convoys which is whole point of the server and could be easily achieved whilst doing other achievements (how? Convoy with your friends).
Im not sure about other stuff but this one seems fine in my opinion.
Quote from: Gen.McMuffin$ on May 27, 2016, 08:09
Pizza Boy Achievement anyone?
Are you going to do it? :)

@Cesar:
Most of the people have finished all the achievements, atleast 45% of the community has. Some of the players don't complete all achievements because some of them become really pointless (I really hate heli achievement)

Also you just created a topic named and based on "Will people keep playing after finishing their goals? Not everyone", I can't see how you can deny my suggestion here which moral less the same (giving a goal to those with all achievements), oh well irony? Isn't it?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Toppertje

New archievements  :like: :like:
It gives a new target to a lot of players. People that want to have a record for example.

Like Carl said, mini missions, achievements or what else: it's just a name.  I think we should keep the free insurance bonus on the 17 achievements that we have now. So it won't be a hell for new players to unlock this.
If we do that than i dont see any good point why we shouldnt have more targets+fun+teamwork+players+yippiiieee :like: :like:

Rahail

If we keep increasing the achievements, it would be difficult for new player to unlock so many. So mini missions would be good idea.
You should add something which encourages people to do convoys like what I said before rewards after few thousand convoy points. Its Convoy Trucking we need big convoys back not new missions...
People join this server for Trucking not other missions.

AviatorAysar

Ohh bro u misunderstood me i didnt deny ur suggestion.. But i never though of completing achievement as a goal, because it something someone chose for me, maybe u will not understand this.. But business is not achievement there is a bit of difference. Think again XD
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

R3AP3R

Not everybody who comes to this server is ready to give an arm to finish all achievements or get 7 trillion score points in a month. I play for fun and I'm doing the achievements that are fun to do. What Carl is trying to say (and others refusing to understand) is that after a point, there's absolutely nothing you can do to enjoy yourself...you finish every achievement you had in mind and that's it, there's nothing else to do. Not to mention that there's nothing you can do with your money except spending it on absolutely useless bases.

A few more achievements would be welcomed since there are possibilities. BUT, to maintain the players interest in playing this server, you'll have to give him something to do in the long term, something that doesn't end (like a company for example).

One last thing, I can't stop noticing this attitude. One player cannot speak for an entire community, just because you consider something useless, it doesn't mean it applies to everybody.

AMG

Quote from: R3AP on May 27, 2016, 12:29
Not everybody who comes to this server is ready to give an arm to finish all achievements or get 7 trillion score points in a month. I play for fun and I'm doing the achievements that are fun to do. What Carl is trying to say (and others refusing to understand) is that after a point, there's absolutely nothing you can do to enjoy yourself...you finish every achievement you had in mind and that's it, there's nothing else to do. Not to mention that there's nothing you can do with your money except spending it on absolutely useless bases.

A few more achievements would be welcomed since there are possibilities. BUT, to maintain the players interest in playing this server, you'll have to give him something to do in the long term, something that doesn't end (like a company for example).

I have never had a talk with R3ap but I agree with him here. I mean after i had 17/17 I  just didnt know what to do, so I had to do my "own achievements" by thinking of setting a record or getting a score and things like that, I want something new here , because the maps and updates you make are just  there to enjoy them for 1-2 weeks  only and after that everyone forgets about them :D. So ty. 
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Rahail

Same with new achievements, when you done you'll ask for more... Which never stops.

TheGame

How many people do have 17 achievements? Like 0.5% of the whole server? Guess most of the people have plenty of work to do till they should ask for more achievements. It is a trucking server, not an achievement server. Said this multiple times before.. -1 again.

UncleDrew

well i like pizza, maybe i will like delivering them :D

sardarji

Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 27, 2016, 10:33
Most of the people have finished all the achievements, atleast 45% of the community has.
Quote from: TheGame on May 27, 2016, 15:17
How many people do have 17 achievements? Like 0.5% of the whole server?
hihihi.

Ok being serious now, We need something to work on, a target, something to achieve. When you have achieved everything it gets boring...I (Including many others) have nothing to gain or play for. Achievements or mini mission what ever you call it there should be a target. It keeps the fun and the gives you the boost to play.
As topp said keep the free insurance upto 17 achievements so new players dont go mad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview