News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

CarlJohnson's AMAA

Started by CarlJohnson, May 26, 2016, 02:42

CarlJohnson

AMAA is acronym for Ask Me Almost Anything, so it means I won't be answering questions which demands too much personal info, apart from that everything is welcomed :)

Bring it on! :like:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Quotary

Spit or swallow?
Top or bottom?
Quotary?

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Quotary on May 26, 2016, 11:28
Spit or swallow?
Top or bottom?
Quotary?
Swallow?
Top?
Quotary is love! Quotary is life, you are really a funny and a honest guy, stop getting warned bro, we can do so much together ;)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Benny

Carlie boy.. so i wanna know

1. How did you find/came upon the server.
2. Is it cool to finally be in sorth of the top of the staff team, thow you wanted it so badly as i can remember :P
3. How's the weather been by you lately? :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Benny on May 26, 2016, 17:51
Carlie boy.. so i wanna know

1. How did you find/came upon the server.
2. Is it cool to finally be in sorth of the top of the staff team, thow you wanted it so badly as i can remember :P
3. How's the weather been by you lately? :)
1. I used to be much amused by trucks, was derping around on YouTube when I saw some video about crazy stunts on SAMP, at that time I didn't even knew Multiplayer from SA existed (I wish I did). First thing I did was to download SAMP. I played on some RP and stunt server but didn't liked them much, then I searched "trucking" in the client and Convoy Trucking was there :)

2. I wouldn't lie here, when I first joined, all I wanted was to be administrator (My forum text was the proof (Next admin xD)), not because I ever wanted power but because I was really impressed by the things that went around here, I wanted to know everything about CT, how things are handled, how it works, etc. At the same time I had another goal, to see CT be popular again, why? Because after reading like every topic on forum I wanted to see old CT, the fun it used to be, I want to experience it all.
I wouldn't say Im on the top as we all same, we do the same thing and I don't like ordering people around but I don't stay shut when things are wrong either. To be honest I never imagined I'll gain so much lol, I used to think i'll never be a mod, but then I started with dev team, was given a chance and became Web dev, then I got mod and now scripter and mapper. Quite satisfied with myself :P

3. Weather where I live has been shit lately, sometimes it hits 47*C and sometimes it rains and go down to like 24*C which is pretty annoying as you can decide if you should be wearing.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

R3AP3R

1. What's the secret behind being nice to everybody?

2. Will you marry me?

3. I w4nt adm3n!!! Nah, just kidding...how much do you think you've made a difference (or how big of an impact did you make on the server) ever since you became a staff member?

CarlJohnson

Quote from: R3AP on May 27, 2016, 15:15
1. What's the secret behind being nice to everybody?

2. Will you marry me?

3. I w4nt adm3n!!! Nah, just kidding...how much do you think you've made a difference (or how big of an impact did you make on the server) ever since you became a staff member?
1. I know how it feels to be ignored, and I don't want others to feel the same like I did in past :) I try to remain as calm as I can while I'm here and try to be professional with my actions, not letting my personal issues get into the way while I'm moderating.
But I'm still a human though and have my own limits, If I'm having a bad day, I don't get into administrating stuff to prevent taking wrong decisions, which I'm sure will regret later on :)

2. Yes  :3

3. Apply!!!! :P, To be honest I'm not sure if I've even made a difference or not, I just try to give my best to CT, because I'm thankful to CT for many things, it taught me things which will surely help me in life ahead. And I'll continue to give my best to CT C:-)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Eurobeat

1. Thor's hammer or Steve's shield?
2. Shit job, awesome pay or shit pay, awesome job?
3. White girls or Indian girls?  :biggrin:

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Fish on May 27, 2016, 16:20
1. Thor's hammer or Steve's shield?
2. Shit job, awesome pay or shit pay, awesome job?
3. White girls or Indian girls?  :biggrin:
1. Steve's shield
2. Awesome job with awesome pay so I can buy my dream car Dodge Charger R/T (1969)
3. White Indian girls XDDDD
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Stteve

1. Kenworth, Western Star or Peterbilt
2. Prefer Study. Have fun and study or vegemite.
3. Favorite fruit, song, movie, colour, game, person and pc brand

Stteve

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Stteve on May 27, 2016, 19:25
1. Kenworth, Western Star or Peterbilt
2. Prefer Study. Have fun and study or vegemite.
3. Favorite fruit, song, movie, colour, game, person and pc brand

Stteve
1. Peterbuilt
2. Have fun and study
Fruit - Orange
Song - Too many lol, I'll list them if you want :)
Movie - Cars - never got bored and it keeps me motivated
Color - Purple
Game - SA
Person - I like many people so it'll be a huge list xD
Pc Brand - Alienware
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Dobby

How long did it take you to figure out the mess that is convoy.pwn?

What's the first bit of code you looked for?

Worst and best part of coding?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

TheSandman

How do you feel/think now that youre moderator? As opposed to non-staff.
Do you ever feel that you dont want it?
Favourite moment in CT, besides getting into the staff or dev team.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Dobby on May 28, 2016, 14:14
How long did it take you to figure out the mess that is convoy.pwn?

What's the first bit of code you looked for?

Worst and best part of coding?
Probably few weeks, I'm still get confused sometimes, I'm still trying to get more comfortable with it. Now I can see why it takes so much time to add even simple suggestions  :P

Joshy suggested I shouldn't work on something knew till I was familiar with the code, so the first thing I wanted to do was to fix bugs so I can learn more about the gamemode and I started with helicopter formation bonus bug.

Best: It's really amazing when your code is added into the gamemode and everyone appreciate your work and you're motivated to do more for them :)

Worst: When a missing comma, bracket, semi-colon, etc causes like 23435435 errors.

Quote from: TheSandman on May 28, 2016, 15:14
How do you feel/think now that youre moderator? As opposed to non-staff.
Do you ever feel that you dont want it?
Favourite moment in CT, besides getting into the staff or dev team.
I feel there's a totally different scene behind the curtains, players don't get to see how much hardwork the staff team does, nor do they appreciate their work because they're not really aware about the situations. Being staff is not what most of the guys imagine, most of us think (even I used to) that being staff means more powers and fun, but its totally opposite.
We need to spend hours watching a guy to make sure he doesn't cause any trouble to others. We also need to be careful with the powers we have, they're provided to us so we can help normal players not to use them for personal gain or to mess around, we need to be extremely cautions while punishing someone just so someone innocent doesn't get banned, also because we don't want to cause unnecessary trouble to players. One wrong decision can even ruin our moderator career.

There hasn't been any moment up till now where I'd have thought that I don't want to do it, however sometimes it gets really frustrating when players start behaving like immature child and it's gets really annoying, and we get annoyed by simplest thing.

Dunno ? Probably when people appreciated my work and started calling me a legend lol ?
I've many moments/memories associated with CT which I probably can't even describe.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS