News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My New Laptop :)

Started by CarlJohnson, March 29, 2016, 10:35

CarlJohnson

So finally I'm going to buy a new laptop, I'd have bought one last time I created a thread about it but the laptop went out of stock (it's still out of stock), I thought I'd wait for few months for it to come back in stock but it never did. Then I spent my money on a new phone and new headphones (Beats by Dr.Dre <3). This is the laptop I'm looking forward to buy (still have 15 days or so).

Laptop: Acer Aspire V3 574G

Specs:
Dual Core i5 5th Gen Processor with Hyper Threading
8 Gigs DDR3 Ram (upgradable to 16GB)
2GB Nvidia GeForce 940M
15.6 inch FHD LED Backlit Active Matrix TFT LCD Display
1TB HDD + 8GB SSD for OS
Backlit Keyboard :D

Against this we have HP Pavillion AB219TX

Specs and Price is nonetheless the same.
I went for the Acer one because it has a better built quality than the HP one (that's what I read in most of the reviews), although I'll checking both of them myself in some Local Store.

Thoughts ? Or have a better Suggestion? except for buying a PC (I already have a decent PC, just need to buy a PSU and Mobo since they blew up last time..

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

hydrangea

I know nothing about Laptop, but gz for ur new laptop.

Shock

Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

CarlJohnson

Quote from: hydrangea on March 29, 2016, 11:14
I know nothing about Laptop, but gz for ur new laptop.
Thanks but I haven't bought one yet :)
Quote from: Shock on March 29, 2016, 11:45
Anything > HP
I thought so.
Can anyone who have used an Acer Laptop before tell me about his experience ? As I'm looking forward on using this laptop for next 3-5 years (till I graduate), so I wanna know if it'll hold out that long without giving me any serious tech issues.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

TheSandman

I got an Acer in 2009 before high school finished, it was soso, i think all i was annoyed with was Acer labelled programs like some webcam program and, a harddrive locker from memory, but i think you get similar stuff on HP, Dell, and whatnot, the only tech issue i had with it was the screen stopped working after i but my thumb through it because i died in a game...:/
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

CarlJohnson

Quote from: TheSandman on March 29, 2016, 13:26
I got an Acer in 2009 before high school finished, it was soso, i think all i was annoyed with was Acer labelled programs like some webcam program and, a harddrive locker from memory, but i think you get similar stuff on HP, Dell, and whatnot, the only tech issue i had with it was the screen stopped working after i but my thumb through it because i died in a game...:/
Bloatware, every brand has some of them. Whoa that's rough lol, though even I sometimes tend to close the lid very hard of this laptop, but that's mostly out of the frustration of this being a shit now. I'll be taking good care of the new one :) So I guess I can trust Acer then
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Eurobeat

That's a tiny screen ;_;

My sister had a Acer Aspire 2 years ago(unsure if it was the same as yours) and it kept overheating due to the fan housings filling up with dust in less than 2 days

Ethan

if youre going to spend money on a laptop, DO NOT buy HP.. they are the crappiest pieces of shit in the world...whats your budget and conversion rate to $USD??

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Fish on March 29, 2016, 14:12
That's a tiny screen ;_;

My sister had a Acer Aspire 2 years ago(unsure if it was the same as yours) and it kept overheating due to the fan housings filling up with dust in less than 2 days
Are you serious?  ;_; Laptops with bigger screen size costs like twice of this one.
This model was released in August 2015 so I think it's not the one your sister had.

Quote from: Ethan on March 29, 2016, 15:11
if youre going to spend money on a laptop, DO NOT buy HP.. they are the crappiest pieces of shit in the world...whats your budget and conversion rate to $USD??
My budget is around $902 which is 60,000 INR in my country.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Quotary

QuoteThen I spent my money on a new phone and new headphones (Beats by Dr.Dre <3).
Please, don't be stupid.

OT: Go for the Acer, the resolution on the HP you linked is 1366x678 vs 1920x1080 on the Acer, so, this should be enough to choose Acer over the HP. Also, HP is shit, so Acer.

ALSO: Acer's memory is expandable up to 16GB, whilst the HP's is not.

Mr.Me

Quote from: Quotary on March 29, 2016, 17:04
QuoteThen I spent my money on a new phone and new headphones (Beats by Dr.Dre <3).
Please, don't be stupid.

as he said its not good quaility headset
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Mr.Me

Quote from: TheSandman on March 29, 2016, 13:26

Dell is good i had it for long time and with big screen and never had dells programs i got it in end of 2011 when i started playng convoy i think
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Laur

I have an acer aspire e1 571g and it's ok but the fans suck the mouse-pad is pretty bad, i hurried to get a laptop 2 years ago thats why i wish i went for asus instead of acer, but it works well overall and im thankful for it and so you should be to get it  :)

Emily

Asus has made some pretty good quality things, and I don't see yalls issues with HP mines hitting the 4 year mark and it still trucks along. it plays ATS and ets2 so that's really all I need. it isn't a gaming laptop, of course, but it gets the job done for those PC exclusives such as CS or tf2 or the truck simulators. basically, it does what I want it to, and I'm a happy gal.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

why not just build a new desktop for that budget?  built mine for less than $800