News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

First ever "Modded Carshow"

Started by Xero, November 28, 2015, 23:38

Xero

I'm going to host, what I think, is the first ever carshow that shows off your Mods! I don't know if this has been done or tried before but if it has, then it's not the first lol.

Please read and follow instructions carefully or you will be disqualified. If you are unsure, don't hesitate to ask. And keep checking this topic as things might change.

Here's how it works. There will be 3 carshows at 3 different times to try and accommodate everyone. If you can't make it, have your friend log in and bring your car, if they can and it's available.

Everyone gets 1 week to choose 1 car they want to show off, however, to make this work each car needs to be different from the rest. That means first come first served. If someone chooses Infernus, then that car is taken, choose another. Get the idea? Good!

You will reply to this topic with the car of your choice, then the next person and so on. If someone has replied with a car you wanted then you're out of luck, you will have to choose a different one or use it on a different vehicle.

When you reply with your car model (example "I choose the Burrito"), you will PM me with the mod you want to use. You don't have to show anyone your mod either.

Voting!
Everyone that makes it to the carshow and is a valid entry will be displayed in the forum and on the san news website. There will be a photo book showing each entry (person and vehicle). Everyone will have 1 week to vote on the winners. You will get 3 votes, 1 for each place (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) Then the next day winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded.

**If there are more than 20 entries, there will be more votes and prizes. For each additional 5 entries will be another spot, like 4th place and so on. This will come as entries are submitted.

Very important!! - Make sure your mod works! I can't stress this enough. I don't want to be in OPcode hell and have the game crash on me. If this happens I may not host another one of these. I want this to work, and I will make it worth your time as well for the winners.

There will two weeks to prepare, which means you will get 2 chances to enter 2 cars should you wish. Week one will start today, then week two next week and then the car show the week after. I know, this will be a very long time to wait for a carshow, but can you blame it, you will see some sweet mods!!

Vehicles banned from carshow:

• Trucks (Linerunner, Roadtrain, Petrol, Big Dumper)
  • Trailers (Tanker, any Artic, Dumper)
  • Planes
  • Stairs. Yeah, you heard me, stairs!
  • Helicopters
  • Boats (like how you gonna get a boat there anyways?)

Entry Fee!
There is no entry fee, it is free for everyone!

I may need another helper or two. This will be a paid position (Check back here for pay later).
Here's what my helper(s) need to do:

• Download and install all mods chosen. I will give you the mods
  • Test and make sure each mod works if you can. If you can't, let me know and maybe we can divide testing of the mods though if everyone follows the rules we shouldn't have to test at all, but you know lol
  • Be able to attend one of the events at least
  • Be able to take pics and/or record video
  • Help keep contestants organized during event. I will give you instructions as to what needs to be done should something happen or you are unsure
  • Take my place. I may not be able to attend the event(s) but I will try my hardest for sure to keep those times open. It's pretty straight forward and I will tell you in pm here if you want to apply

That's it for now. So reply with your first car. After the first week deadline is over, come back and choose another!

Time ending to choose first vehicle:

Time ending to choose second vehicle:

First Carshow:

Second Carshow:

Third Carshow:

Good luck everyone and have fun!

Xero

There seems to be no interest so I'm going to cancel the event. Maybe I'll host it again when the server is busier and more people are modding.