CT Route Number Designation

Started by Turnpike, May 29, 2015, 21:02

Turnpike

What would it be like if the major highways in CT were numbered? I think it would make the map more interesting to drive.

This is not a suggestion, just a "what if" scenario. I edited the map from the website to include some Route numbers on major highways. Let me know what you think about this!

The numbers I chose come from the way numbering is done with US interstates, East-West roads have even numbers while North-South roads have odd numbers. Loop routes are 3-digits that begin with an even number.

Route 1 - Goes from the Foster Valley area north, through an interchange with Route 2, through San Fierro, over the Garver Bridge and ends at an interchange with Route 6.
Route 2 - Begins at an interchange with Route 1 in southern San Fierro and goes south along the coast, past the Sandus Keys bridge, then turns east and follows the coast through Whetstone and Flint County, eventually crossing a river and going through a tunnel to end up in western Los Santos.
Route 3 - "Milestone County Expressway" Begins in Valle Ocultado and heads north through Milestone County and ends at an interchange with Route 8.
Route 4 - A short highway, it begins at an interchange with Route 5 in downtown Los Santos, heads east through Idlewood and Ganton and ends in East Beach.
Route 5 - "Harry Gold Parkway" Begins just north of Los Santos International Airport, heads into downtown Los Santos, crosses an interchange with Route 4, then continues north through Red County, over the bridge into Las Venturas, crosses Route 206, continues through the city and ends at another interchange with 206 near Prickle Pine.
Route 6 - Starts at the toll plaza for Gant Bridge in western San Fierro. It continues over the bridge, past Bayside then turns east. It continues southeast through Tierra Robada, through an interhchange with Route 1, then goes through Bone County and eventually ends at an interchange with Route 206 in southwestern Las Venturas.
Route 7 - Begins in East Beach and continues north through Las Colinas and into Red County. It passes Palomino Creek and turns west and ends at an interchange with Route 5.
Route 8 - Not pictured on the map. This begins in Dutchmen Keys and heads east, crossing an interchange with Route 3, then ends near the Milestone County Airport and industrial parks.
Route 9 - "Wet County Expressway" Begins on Low Land Island and goes north through Fir Island. It ends in Happyland.
Route 206 - "Julius Thruway" Makes a loop around the city of Las Venturas. There are interchanges with Routes 5 and 6.

That's all! Feel free to edit or critique the map.

Road maps are one of my favorite things so that's why I had the idea to do this.

Dobby

This would require us to add areas on each route. Theres already areas there. Use them... it tells you the location anyway. This is pointless.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Turnpike

Quote from: Dobby on May 29, 2015, 21:32
This would require us to add areas on each route. Theres already areas there. Use them... it tells you the location anyway. This is pointless.

I never said we should implement this, I just wanted to share the map I made.

Also, you would not have to create areas for the routes, just change the signage where it's necessary to reflect the Route numbers.

i.e. on Route 6 leaving Las Venturas, have a sign that says:
Route 6 West
Tierra Robada
Bayside
San Fierro

Ethan

mick88

Dobby

I figured it was as suggestion since "What would it be like if the major highways in CT were numbered?". However having routes on a sign, rather than or with the locations wouldn't make that much difference to be honest.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

GeneralLee

Not a major impact..but It will be a bit more realistic and stylish..

Xero

Pretty cool, would add some realism and give people a better idea where they are /20 wise

/20 Route 9 @ Happyland

Deff

like your idea but there is confusion in route 5 and 7... they appear to be same.. the LS highway

Turnpike

Quote from: Deff on June 02, 2015, 16:06
like your idea but there is confusion in route 5 and 7... they appear to be same.. the LS highway

Not exactly. Near the LS Docks (ferry area) there are traffic lights, it is not a true limited-access "highway," therefore they can be designated as two separate routes.