Website suggestion thread

Started by mick88, April 23, 2015, 18:47

mick88

I may or may not be mobilizing a crack commando of best web developers to port the current website to Django framework.
This thread is to post any suggestions for changes you would like to see, or comments which functionalities on current website you don't care for, or really like.

Approved suggestions:

• Interactive map
  • Persisting user session (already handled by Django)
  • List of vehicles for sale by players (Used car dealership)
  • Set custom welcomemessage/rank in preferences

Joshy

interactive map. see source (ctrl+u) of https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32336900/map.html (yes the gangzones are hardcoded).
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Rahail

I would love to see stats of players(which currently mods/admins can see) where it shows who has most artic and dumper missions etc... for public. Also maps should be updated. There's no Milestone and Sandus Key.

Xero

What about the ability to talk to people from the server to the website? I have no idea what anything means anymore, all I know is changes to website functions. People get on this lol  :like:

Dobby

Quote from: Xero on April 23, 2015, 23:34
What about the ability to talk to people from the server to the website? I have no idea what anything means anymore, all I know is changes to website functions. People get on this lol  :like:

Already exists sort of. Admins can do this already to a certain degree
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

CarlJohnson

Can we have sessions saved in cookies? Just like Facebook, etc so, our connection won't be randomly lost/timed out.
It's really annoying that you have enter your details every time you wanna check a player stats or when you refresh the page after 10-15 mins.
I hope it's not something that difficult or we can drop this idea.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Dobby

I'm all for moving from $_SESSION to $_COOKIE. We can set it down to specific pages, or all of them. That's PHP based though and ive not really looked at the current source code. The framework(s) CT's switching to/adopting has it.

Edit: Mick, if there's any staff section suggestions can i be made aware of them at least? since i'm no longer mod, it'd be nice to still do stuff for the staff team however. Via PM if you like preferably since i get emails when i get PM'd
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

mick88

@Dobby, you should have access to the web dev board, you can post there

sorin

You should remove the "San Andreas News" from site, the last post there was in 2012 no one seems to care about it anymore.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Sorin on April 25, 2015, 07:08
You should remove the "San Andreas News" from site, the last post there was in 2012 no one seems to care about it anymore.

I think it's already done.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Baron[DTU]

If i want to bring a new life to san andreas news, who do i need to contact?

Dobby

Likely Migs, DeHavilland or R16RACA since they're on the "about us" page.

AMG

the Convoy Trucking app for Android will ever be updated ?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

mick88

Quote from: AMG on April 25, 2015, 15:02
the Convoy Trucking app for Android will ever be updated ?
Yes, it will have to be redone after the website update.

Benny

I would like to see a more modern look to it.
And it would be nice if you could see a picture of a vehicle in House and vehicles menu or even the posibility to upload your own pocture of your car, and a more detailed statistic.
And the map should be updated as well.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT