Abuse of /admin command

Started by mick88, March 24, 2015, 12:59

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Mr.Me on May 06, 2015, 13:19
Quote from: CarlJohnson on May 06, 2015, 13:10
Quote from: Konali on May 06, 2015, 13:00
You may consider it cheating:)
I always found great joy in helping players that got stuck.
Especially the newer players.

So i find this sad to hear. I had fun helping people that got stuck. It was voluntary to help or not, eventhough i adviced everyone to help as much as possible, since it promotes loyalty towards staff, and better gameplay.

But ah well, i guess, thats just me being nice and all and always thinking about others.
Basically:) im not affraid to say, i think this is a wrong decision. But loyalty and happiness cant be measured in numbers, so its hard to prove;)
This decision has to been taken to make players understand that admins aren't obliged to help you when you fail to drive properly as well as to make them stop taking admins for granted and reporting them when they didn't helped.
I still feel instead of strictly stopping the admins from helping players it should be made clear that they'll help if they feel like.
Because even admins had fun helping people sometimes and players were happy as well.

Just my 0.2$

Carl.

taking admins for granted and reporting them when they didn't helped. -- not every player reported them when they did not help when i got stuck or something i did /a someone help if not busy

and i got 9/10 times help sometimes they were busy but i did not reported because they are lazy life goes on if i faild my mission i wont cry for 1k-10k
but if they report mods/admins that means they are jeleous of position or they want them to be demoted from that position maybe they dont like them or idk
Yes, why everyone has to suffer because of few people ?
I think the thing you pointed out about why people report moderators is quite possible.
And due to this everyone has to suffer the loss.

Quote from: Emily on May 06, 2015, 13:43
Part of the reason I wanted to be staff was to lend a helping hand. I wanted to help people, but now that's been taken away from me. The only thing left to do is spectate and check stuff. Sure, it's nice to not have to sometimes, but normally when I don't want to, I just go off duty or say, "Busy."

Basically, this makes these commands mostly useless:
  • /summonrig
  • /summoncar
  • /sp and /lp
  • /duty (who cares who's on if we can't help?)
  • I'm sure there's more.
That's the same reason why I wanted to be a part of staff team. I wanted to help out players and most importantly rookies just to see their happiness and this would ultimately result in people sticking to CT more often.

Quote from: sardarji on May 06, 2015, 21:03
I find this rule stupid seriously....It was always upto staff whether they want to help or not.
Instead player should understand that they aren't supposed to help but they do, They sacrifice their own fun time just so that we can have a peaceful time with lots of fun.
They should think how many numerous times they have helped them before, not how many times they didn't.

These little things would be the ladder in changing the communities attitude. And this is kinda harsh decision!

Quote from: AMG on May 07, 2015, 13:45
AMG wants to help the  players that still play .. there arent many and i see many "rage quits" because " im not allowed to help " . im getting of doing nothing :D
Even I noticed that.

Quote from: Ethan on May 07, 2015, 19:47
Quote from: sardarji on May 06, 2015, 21:03
I find this rule stupid seriously....It was always upto staff whether they want to help or not.

It is stupid, I always tried to help whenever anyone asked for it unless I was in WC where if you saved your spot, teleported, helped the person (75% of the time they actually needed help) teleported back, your time was down to about 10-15 seconds....(this was before time changed from 60 to 90) 40% of the time I lost loads because someone found out that they cant turn left at a right turn or they cant figure out that using /stopwork only makes them lose barely anything that cant pickup next time they worked on something..
You did it because you felt pleased after helping someone. You felt happy about it.
mick I'd say that you should reconsider your decision as not many people support this and there's a reason behind it!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

NickJuice

lol I used it to say "no" to what an admin told me xd i'm thug lyfe

Lindsey

Quote from: Ethan on March 24, 2015, 15:47
Quote from: Benny on March 24, 2015, 15:44
You 2 said this but you forgot that you were playing with them as well when you were staff, don't deny it.
I think staff members by now got used too much to helping players for whatever reason wich started to look stupid for me a while back. Why should they help players for the mistake they made lol. And at the end players are mad at the staff team for not helping instead of literally "learning how to drive and play the game.

Benny, every single staff member-moderator- has "abused powers" in some shape or form... Im not denying it, im just hole heartedly agree with what Costantino said, that Mick should be looking at what they do and how current staff use commands, maybe not all, but maybe some.

I'd disagree with that.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Luismi.

Quote from: Konali on May 06, 2015, 13:00
You may consider it cheating:)
I always found great joy in helping players that got stuck.
Especially the newer players.

So i find this sad to hear. I had fun helping people that got stuck. It was voluntary to help or not, eventhough i adviced everyone to help as much as possible, since it promotes loyalty towards staff, and better gameplay.

But ah well, i guess, thats just me being nice and all and always thinking about others.
Basically:) im not affraid to say, i think this is a wrong decision. But loyalty and happiness cant be measured in numbers, so its hard to prove;)
+1, cookie for you bro :)

When I was moderator I loved helping people, and I think never been any obligation, only a decision of the admin / moderator. If he wanted to help,they helped, and the world was much happier. Please let people do what they want, if the staff wants to help, let them help.

This is a game, and we are here for funny, no to have the best score, because if u want that im sure that you leave before getting, then I think if the admin / moderator wants to help, should afford it. That it is very gratifying.
Me owned Vikingo. xD.

Ethan

Quote from: Lindsey on July 12, 2015, 03:42
Quote from: Ethan on March 24, 2015, 15:47
Quote from: Benny on March 24, 2015, 15:44
You 2 said this but you forgot that you were playing with them as well when you were staff, don't deny it.
I think staff members by now got used too much to helping players for whatever reason wich started to look stupid for me a while back. Why should they help players for the mistake they made lol. And at the end players are mad at the staff team for not helping instead of literally "learning how to drive and play the game.

Benny, every single staff member-moderator- has "abused powers" in some shape or form... Im not denying it, im just hole heartedly agree with what Costantino said, that Mick should be looking at what they do and how current staff use commands, maybe not all, but maybe some.

I'd disagree with that.

of course you do Lindsey, of course you do..