Abuse of /admin command

Started by mick88, March 24, 2015, 12:59

mick88

Just a reminder that /admin command is meant only to send sensitive information for server staff. It is NOT to be used for asking for help and asking questions that any other player can answer.

Additionally, staff are not to help players who are stuck/have crashed/fallen into water. This is a game and if you crash, you lose. Using staff commands in missions is cheating and this also applies to helping other players. If you have been intentionally rammed off the road by another player, you should report them first of all. Remember that moderators are here to keep the game fair. They volunteer to keep the server free of cheaters and other abusers.

Remember that you can rely on your fellow players for help. Just use the main chat. When you receive your answer in the main chat, everyone else can see it, while when using /admin, only you can see the reply.

If I see any more complaints about moderators being "lazy", I will ban. I have explicitly asked staff to not use their commands to help other players in their missions and to warn players who misuse /admin.

Costel

''Accident'' it's the thing that happens when you don't even think about it , if staff's work is only watching reports then forum would be enough , if a ''FAIR'' player have crashed because of a stupid rammer or a hacker and he ask for help because he really stuck admins can't say no because they have to finish their mission.. Yes it's booring to help always i've been staff too but if you want to be a good admin you must also help others and make people happy , i don't think not helping a player that is vip , that is almost all time on and making him go away helps the server to grow up..  the example of admin should be konali , that he always helped players and at same time did his job...
And mick insted of loosing time telling to players what to do why don't you check some days what staff does , how they play with commands , how they look at reports..

Ethan

Quote from: Costantino on March 24, 2015, 15:28
And mick ........why don't you check some days what staff does , how they play with commands , how they look at reports..

THIS!!!!  agree 1000% well said Costantino, well said

I put that statement in my sig (C) Costantino

Benny

You 2 said this but you forgot that you were playing with them as well when you were staff, don't deny it.
I think staff members by now got used too much to helping players for whatever reason wich started to look stupid for me a while back. Why should they help players for the mistake they made lol. And at the end players are mad at the staff team for not helping instead of literally "learning how to drive and play the game.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

''Accident'' it's the thing that happens when you don't even think about it , if staff's work is only watching reports then forum would be enough , if a ''FAIR'' player have crashed because of a stupid rammer or a hacker and he ask for help because he really stuck admins can't say no because they have to finish their mission.. Yes it's booring to help always i've been staff too but if you want to be a good admin you must also help others and make people happy , i don't think not helping a player that is vip , that is almost all time on and making him go away helps the server to grow up..  the example of admin should be konali , that he always helped players and at same time did his job...
And mick insted of loosing time telling to players what to do why don't you check some days what staff does , how they play with commands , how they look at reports..
I don't really think you understood what's stated there.
Firstly "If someone rams you"
Quote from: mick88 on March 24, 2015, 12:59

Additionally, staff are not to help players who are stuck/have crashed/fallen into water. This is a game and if you crash, you lose. Using staff commands in missions is cheating and this also applies to helping other players. If you have been intentionally rammed off the road by another player, you should report them first of all. Remember that moderators are here to keep the game fair. They volunteer to keep the server free of cheaters and other abusers.

So they'll help you out (probably?) and "they are not obliged to help you" doesn't mean they won't help, they'll help you out if they feel like.

Quote from: Ethan on March 24, 2015, 15:38
And mick ........why don't you check some days what staff does , how they play with commands , how they look at reports..

THIS!!!!  agree 1000% well said Costantino, well said

I put that statement in my sig (C) Costantino
You can always record and report no ? That's why there's problems and complaint board. And after the "Troll Ultimatum" You can see what decision is taken by staff since there is no more "Handled Internally" thing.

I agree most people will dislike this but eventually get used to it like we do when there are no admins online. This has already arose complications and hate towards the admins when they aren't doing /w or helping someone at Facebook. But Still I support this!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Quote from: Benny on March 24, 2015, 15:44
You 2 said this but you forgot that you were playing with them as well when you were staff, don't deny it.
I think staff members by now got used too much to helping players for whatever reason wich started to look stupid for me a while back. Why should they help players for the mistake they made lol. And at the end players are mad at the staff team for not helping instead of literally "learning how to drive and play the game.

Benny, every single staff member-moderator- has "abused powers" in some shape or form... Im not denying it, im just hole heartedly agree with what Costantino said, that Mick should be looking at what they do and how current staff use commands, maybe not all, but maybe some.

Costel

benny i'm not talking about teleporting a car to a carshow...
CJ , is someone did rammed what can i do :
1) recording? i got a shitty pc and if i turn on fraps it start to lag.
2) reporting? Until admins watch the rammer he's gone ,and you crashed into something you can't get out.. so you ask help to admin and get : we can't help you.. Looks awesome , doesn't it?
The problem of staff now is that they aren't controled while when i was staff there were admins like konali and sandman (sometime) that if you were failing they were there to tell you what did you failed and you were trying to don't fail again while now mick doesn't care about admin and admins doesn't care about moderator and at the same time moderators do the fuck they want.. It's something i'd probably do too if i was able to do whatevern i want ... I'm not talking about whole staff team because there are some that doesn't even have the idea of abusing , but some goes over all the limits.. Lot of players left because of this not only because of new games , lag or whatever.. This is also one of the why i do not play so much anymore after i wanted to re-start playing. Check my sig.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Costantino on March 24, 2015, 16:28
benny i'm not talking about teleporting a car to a carshow...
CJ , is someone did rammed what can i do :
1) recording? i got a shitty pc and if i turn on fraps it start to lag.
2) reporting? Until admins watch the rammer he's gone ,and you crashed into something you can't get out.. so you ask help to admin and get : we can't help you.. Looks awesome , doesn't it?
The problem of staff now is that they aren't controled while when i was staff there were admins like konali and sandman sometime that if you were failing they were there to tell you what you failed and you weren't trying to don't fail again while now mick doesn't care about admin and admins doesn't care about moderator and at the same time moderators do the fuck they want.. It's something i'd probably do too if i was able to do whatevern i want ... I'm not talking about whole staff team because there are some that doesn't even have the idea of abusing , but some goes over all the limits..
I'm asking you record mods abusing and make report.If you can't record then you can always take SS and admins can check logs to verify it.
Yeah it could be that you might feel difference in your time and the current one. But you should understand that not everyone is same, they have their own ways of solving problems dont they ? You have to understand the fact and face that this isn't the CT what is was a year ago.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Hobo

Quote from: Ethan on March 24, 2015, 15:47

Benny, every single staff member-moderator- has "abused powers" in some shape or form...
No I didn't, just because you did doesn't mean everyone did.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

mick88

Guys, this is not the place to discuss admin abuse. If you have proof, please move your complaints to the correct board.

Hobo

If I drive myself into the water, that's my fault. But say a player comes online and is only there to ram me off the road. When he does so and I report him, are staff allowed to help me out of the water if there is time? Just want a clarification when it's someone else's fault that I end up in the water.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Hobo on March 24, 2015, 16:55
If I drive myself into the water, that's my fault. But say a player comes online and is only there to ram me off the road. When he does so and I report him, are staff allowed to help me out of the water if there is time? Just want a clarification when it's someone else's fault that I end up in the water.
Don't know if you'll count my answer or not but still. Yes,I think they'd helping you if you happen to meet something like this due to a rammer, gamemod problem/bug,  etc.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

mick88

Quote from: Hobo on March 24, 2015, 16:55
If you report him then yes. But if you cry for help and don't point to the rammer, admins will assume it's your own fault.

CarlJohnson

One more thing, are they supposed to help if you get stuck somewhere else or your trailer disappears (just in case) due to gamemod bug?
Just want to confirm.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

mick88

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 24, 2015, 17:07
One more thing, are they supposed to help if you get stuck somewhere else or your trailer disappears (just in case) due to gamemod bug?
Just want to confirm.
I've never had trailer disappear. If you're referring to the previously reported bug, which is known then no. You can avoid it by not exiting the truck, or by not using trailer that doesn't belong to you.

If you get stuck, then it's most likely your fault. If you don't offroad then you shouldn't get stuck. The tunnel in LS which is too low for trucks has been also marked properly to prevent players getting stuck there. If you know of any more places, you can report them in appropriate board.