A small improvement for /loc command

Started by Ace., February 21, 2015, 21:04

Ace.

I sure would like this i don't know if there are others that share my opinion on this matter.I think it'd be nice when you do /locate player,it constantly gives you info on where the player is every time that player changes area,it'd be usefull for both cops and thiefs,not so much for truckers or pilots nor chaufeurs,it could be useful to be able to avoid a certain player you know that would ram you etc, in order for it to stop telling you about the whereabouts of the player you do /cancellocate,it shouldn't be hard to script but i don't know if it will be doable cause it'd need to constantly check of the player positioning :D

Baron[DTU]

this is only for lazy people..... i use /loc everytime i think a suspected player has changed location

i dont see why scripters should implement this

:dislike:

Ace.

Quote from: Baron on February 21, 2015, 22:01
this is only for lazy people..... i use /loc everytime i think a suspected player has changed location

i dont see why scripters should implement this

:dislike:
yea well this would be done to not have to use /loc every time cause its annoying ,like you are driving and you have to slow down to press T and upper arrow and enter,i know its not much of an improvement but it really isn't hard to script it just a few lines maybe 4-5 lines tops :D to check the current position and if it has changed since last time it checked it displays it to you :D it really ain't hard mate. But if players don't like it no reason to add it,let's see what other think about it :D

TheSandman

What if i only want to do it once? And not get repeated location updates lol.
Maybe you want /track or something.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ace.

Quote from: TheSandman on February 22, 2015, 00:04
What if i only want to do it once? And not get repeated location updates lol.
Maybe you want /track or something.
That is actually even better idea,instead of changing the current one,just add a new one. And /track is the correct word for the function it will do :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview