News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Used vehicle trading

Started by Joshy, February 20, 2015, 21:18

Joshy

Dev team have already seen this. Also, by branch I mean 'new feature'. This post is for anyone who wants to know a bit more about the trading lots implemented on server.

This branch contains used vehicle dealers in 2 locations, Shody Used Autos for cars / bikes and Sandus Trucks for trucks / trailers.

Players can offer their own vehicles up for sale at the appropriate used vehicle dealer for their vehicle by walking into the dealer's pickup icon. The maximum offer price is the original price of the vehicle + the value of any components installed. The minimum offer price is the sale value of the vehicle as if it were to be sold using /phone. Vehicles that are put up for sale may not spawn immediately depending if there's anyone in the trading lot. Vehicles are parked automatically by server using the vehicle model's dimensions. Vehicles cannot be put up for sale if the vehicle is;
  • already for sale
  • belongs to club (possibly temporary, might be added later)
  • clamped
  • unspawned if vehicle is unparked

Players can buy a vehicle for sale by entering the vehicle or attaching it (if vehicle is trailer), which will present vehicle details to the potential buyer. The owner of the vehicle can take the vehicle back from the dealer by paying the trader's fee, or otherwise wait until it gets untraded automatically by server or staff.

Vehicles are bought as-is, meaning that numberplate, insurance, fuel & components etc will not change when ownership is transferred. When vehicle is bought, the buyer will lose the advertised value and obtain ownership of the vehicle immediately, and the seller will receive a offline transfer from server for the advertised value with trading fee deducted.

While the vehicle is for sale, the engine cannot be started for anyone and leaving the trading lot in the vehicle will result in it respawning. The owner cannot modify the vehicle's properties (cannot insure it, change color etc) and they cannot restore it using /rm etc. The vehicle cannot be sold using /phone while it is for sale. Vehicles are not attachable by tow trucks / tractors. Trailers will respawn when towing vehicle accelerates or leaves the trading lot. Staff can respawn the trading lots using the /respawntradinglots command or using any restore command.

There is no absolute limit to how many vehicles that can be for sale in any given lot, however if there is no room for a new vehicle to spawn, the server will untrade least recently traded vehicles and send a message to the owner saying their vehicle has been removed from trading lot without a fee.

Used vehicle dealers can be located in the /gps menu under the "[Used car dealers...]" option. Players can see what vehicles are for sale using /getprice [model] command.

Cop cars and vehicles unlocked by completing an achievement are not tradable, and club vehicles cannot be traded right now due to the uncertain ownership of the club vehicle (it can be exploited).

Staff guidelines for rule offenses relating to trading, including but not limited to: advertising vehicle for sale in chat and scamming by deception should be written before deployment to server. (done)

Please do not advertise your for-sale vehicle in chat/PM or to other players. Staff have been instructed to treat this with a /showrules or /mute first and then /warn for offenses after the first. If this is not enough to deter people from advertising their vehicles then it will be instant warn.

If you want to see the original release notes written pre-2.8, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LIA5_4VjP9fq0ZVqWNWKbYfyuICG7XzFAD1VEIb6n-Y/edit?usp=sharing. This is maybe a little outdated now and is basically a reword of this post.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Rahail

Thanks Joshy for your hard work and bringing back trading  :like:

mlwu10

Amazing work, thanks Dev. team.

TheSandman

Just out of curiosity, trading requests/ads are allowed in welcome message and myrank right?
And we need a trading cb!
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Rahail

Quote from: TheSandman on February 21, 2015, 05:51
Just out of curiosity, trading requests/ads are allowed in welcome message and myrank right?
And we need a trading cb!
Yeah there should be CB for trading, to avoid the advertising

Quote from: mlwu10 on February 21, 2015, 04:06
Amazing work, thanks Dev. team.
We have only tested it, finding bugs etc.. All credit goes to scripters  :like:

Dobby

Im fine with a trading CB. Ideas on what one?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

TheSandman

Something easy, and close to 789, maybe 6 or 10?
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Cezy

Thanks for trading <3
About CB: CB 0 or 10

Benny

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

I prefer cb 0.... And is asking players to come in cb allowed? 
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

TheGame

Trux

Quote from: Joshy on February 20, 2015, 21:18
There is no absolute limit to how many vehicles that can be for sale in any given lot, however if there is no room for a new vehicle to spawn, the server will untrade least recently traded vehicles and send a message to the owner saying their vehicle has been removed from trading lot without a fee.

Would we be able to sell that vehicle again right after its removal?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

mick88

There will be no trading CB. If you want to buy a vehicle, visit the lot. Advertising will not be tolerated.

sardarji

All credit goes to Scripters, specially Joshy. Well done guys.

Ethan

well.. dev team did help on it a little bit... have to give those people who helped finding problems some credit. Just like mappers dont get all the credit but they get majority.

Mr.Me

Quote from: mick88 on February 21, 2015, 14:31
There will be no trading CB. If you want to buy a vehicle, visit the lot. Advertising will not be tolerated.

always but always is no from you  :dislike:
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Mr.Me on February 22, 2015, 18:26

If it was no from him you wouldn't be seeing Trading at server.
And he is saying no because we anymore dont need to advertise, because when player does /forsale (vehicle name). It automatically displays the forsale cars at used dealers.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Mr.Me

Quote from: CarlJohnson on February 25, 2015, 16:23

And he is saying no because we anymore dont need to advertise, because when player does /forsale (vehicle name). It automatically displays the forsale cars at used dealers.

lol i dont care for trading because noone use it anymore people only want to earn money with it
Edit: and selling shitty cars
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Rahail

Quote from: Mr.Me on February 26, 2015, 12:25

lol i dont care for trading because noone use it anymore people only want to earn money with it
You can't earn money with it...  People only buy from there because they can get cheap vehicles. About "people not using anymore" not many people know about it, when they know they'll use it for sure. 

Mr.Me

Quote from: Rahail on February 26, 2015, 12:32

You can't earn money with it...  People only buy from there because they can get cheap vehicles. About "people not using anymore" not many people know about it, when they know they'll use it for sure.

ZaCaTaKa sold few cars for biger price than @car shop lol
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Mr.Me on February 26, 2015, 13:11

Not everyone is same. I saw someone selling His petrol trailer for 65k...  I think that's cheap enough. Everyone wants to make some profit out of it and that's not a bad thing is it?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Mr.Me

Quote from: CarlJohnson on February 26, 2015, 13:20
Quote from: Mr.Me on February 26, 2015, 13:11

Not everyone is same. I saw someone selling His petrol trailer for 65k...  I think that's cheap enough. Everyone wants to make some profit out of it and that's not a bad thing is it?
good
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

MikeMan

Advertising Isn't Allowed..But Advertising Your Club Is?..

sardarji

Quote from: MikeMan on February 28, 2015, 15:41
Advertising Isn't Allowed..But Advertising Your Club Is?..
Its not allowed either.

MikeMan

Oh. I see, That Just Means No One Really Enforces The Rules.

Then again, putting a Club on a Billboard Is Advertisement..

But thats none of my business..

sardarji

Advertising a club in main chat or in PM is not allowed.
Advertising your vehicles for sale is not allowed in main chat & in PM.
Advertising club on billboard, welcome message, rank, announcement is allowed.

MikeMan

No need to tell me the rules. lol Ive been here longer then you, I for one follow them.

Just stating that, a rule such as this is broken more then any rule I've seen. And clearly If it still applies that you cant Advertise CT in CT, then there needs to be stricter policies.

Deff

Amazing system joshy!hats off!

Tuntun

Really good thought, Joshy.  :like: