♣ Mapping ideas | NOT a suggestion ♣

Started by Twido, December 31, 2014, 11:57

Twido

Quote from: Ethan on December 31, 2014, 15:39
its been that way for four years and every map weve made had conformed to that, so you cant say hes changed his mind benny
This GPS thing is gangzones. And the curved roads can be drawed with paint or any other coloring program for the website. And as i've stated above. The gang zones are kinda useless if their are signs showing which direction to go. At the moment gang zones can be useful for every county that exists in CT. but if you guys (mapping team) create some signs where it says what turn to take to go to X or Y then newbies won't ask any direction in chat.

E.G.: after u turn from happyland to Wet county from the Las venturas bridge, there could be a sign at the very beginning of the bridge that says. "Head north for Low islands" and below that "Turn Left at the first overpass to go to eyre islands". You can somehow work with meters/miles too I think? I don't know if pawn is enough advanced for this though. The signs can be repeated after xx Km/Miles, like in real life. Take ETS2 as an example

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Ethan

Twido, I for one would be up for that but last time I remember doing or suggesting something like that to Mick, his reply was something on the lines of "I dont want the server to be overrun with traffic signs" or something like that.. this was when we added all the signs you see now throughout.  I made signs telling people where to turn and whatnot, he didnt like it..

Twido

Quote from: Ethan on December 31, 2014, 16:13
Twido, I for one would be up for that but last time I remember doing or suggesting something like that to Mick, his reply was something on the lines of "I dont want the server to be overrun with traffic signs" or something like that.. this was when we added all the signs you see now throughout.  I made signs telling people where to turn and whatnot, he didnt like it..
I don't know if mick answers mails send by players, but I wouldn't mind writing a mail to him. Only, someone has to give me an e-mail so i can send him the message.

[hide= Just a rule]
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

BGTrucker

Joshy

What about curved roads AND GPS gangzones?
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Twido

Quote from: Joshy on December 31, 2014, 16:43
What about curved roads AND GPS gangzones?
What about YES? If possible, i really don't care how its made :/ I just want curved roads and mt chilliad

Quote from: BGTrucker on December 31, 2014, 16:35
May be write him on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+MichalDabski/posts
I've been thinking and, isn't it better that someone from Scripting team or Mapping team asks this? I've had a chat with him once or twice and he said to me that staff should ask that and not me.

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

BGTrucker

Server has ran out of gangzones already anyway,as far as I know.

Benny

So you guys mean like the copies of original sa map with the curved roads+hilly?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Twido

Quote from: Benny on December 31, 2014, 18:24
So you guys mean like the copies of original sa map with the curved roads+hilly?
Doesn't have to be a copy, but curved roads and hilly.
I want chilliad

[hide= Just a rule]
[/hide]

BGTrucker

TBH I was thinking of an ice road for a long time,but am too lazy to map one.I was thinking that glass objects can be used to be put horizontally above the water so it looks like an ice road,and if you go over them too fast they will break and voila - Ice Road Truckers :D I mean if the vehicle somehow doesnt go smoothly on the glass objects they would be able to break by themselves.Also if there are some original snow objects in the game,they can be put around the road so it really have a winter look.

Sjomp

Quote from: BGTrucker on December 31, 2014, 18:41
TBH I was thinking of an ice road for a long time,but am too lazy to map one.I was thinking that glass objects can be used to be put horizontally above the water so it looks like an ice road,and if you go over them too fast they will break and voila - Ice Road Truckers :D I mean if the vehicle somehow doesnt go smoothly on the glass objects they would be able to break by themselves.Also if there are some original snow objects in the game,they can be put around the road so it really have a winter look.

Would be cool but then you need the retexture shit what dobby was talking about :D

sardarji

I really like the concept of desert and ice roads (Glass on water idea sounds pretty cool ;) )
It would be awesome to drive in desert middle of nowhere. A lonely place with a gas station and shop.

I am also with the curved roads and hills. Straight and plain roads are boring some challenging roads/ area would be great.
I fully support this idea! :)

Dobby

Im fine with a road texture being glass. But not the object. I don't want to have to save 3 other players asses in the case of someone being an idiot and smashing the glass.

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

BGTrucker

Just add a rule that if player falls thru the "ice" admins are not required to help :D
OK,may be add some land which would be just santimeters below sea level,and above it will add the glass objects so if you break the "ice" you can continue.All that matters is to have a real ice road trucking experience.

EDIT: here is a short video of how an ice road might look like,ofc it should be wider,at least 2-3 window object lengths,so there can be 2 lanes for traffic.But the way I made it its almost impossible to break the "ice" since the objects are "touching" each other,so I guess mappers will need to put them in a way so they dont touch each other,may be rotate them a little,or may be put some of them a little higher/lower than others so it looks like the ice is cracked,and when you hit the higher ice with your bumper,it would break,and that will make drivers to go slower on the ice.

Also mappers be aware that glass object needs to have X rotation to 270 and not 90 degrees because with 90 degrees its invisible for players,thats what I noticed.In SAMP map editor it appears visible with both rotations but when I tested ingame it was visible only when I was swimming underwater under it.

CarlJohnson

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT