Expiration time of auto mute.

Started by Knight, August 13, 2014, 16:03

Knight

Hey all
As we all know that players get muted for flooding (even if they don't do it intentionally in some cases) and if there is no admin online the only way to get unmute is by relogging which is pretty annoying at times.
How about we add specific mute time? Like if a player floods he gets muted for say 180 seconds and gets unmute after the time expires. If he floods again within the next 5 minutes then he gets muted for like 360 seconds and permanent mute if he continues.
What do you think?
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

Rahail

Suggested many times but got rejected  :dislike:

crazyjp

Rahail said it all i think it would be a good idea though :like:

Dobby

No. It wont work in some cases, there may be one day no admins/mods online, on comes someone to advertise their totally unique trucking server thats 100% not a copy of the PPC Gamemode, they spam "Join my srw at **.**.***". They then get muted. They wait till auto unmute OR relog, and try again.

Or you could relog after getting muted accidentally, it doesn't take long.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

WhiteBear

Quote from: Chewbacca on August 13, 2014, 20:11
No. It wont work in some cases, there may be one day no admins/mods online, on comes someone to advertise their totally unique trucking server thats 100% not a copy of the PPC Gamemode, they spam "Join my srw at **.**.***". They then get muted. They wait till auto unmute OR relog, and try again.

Or you could relog after getting muted accidentally, it doesn't take long.

So they can relog and continue spam (sorry but your argument is useless)
And while you're in convoy get muted, relog, try to catch convoy (good luck)
How about 600 sec. (its 10 min)

<WhiteBear> whats wrong lindsey dont have balls to be arrested xD?
<Lindsey_[UK]> ahha
<Lindsey_[UK]> enjoy wasting more time trying to get me
Lindsey_[UK] jailed. You get $6000
<WhiteBear> whats wrong pumpkin got jailed? :D
Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)

Dobby

Is it really that hard to (when you get the "if you continue flooding..." warning) be quiet for 3 seconds? then type again normally?
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Knight

Quote from: Chewbacca on August 13, 2014, 21:04
Is it really that hard to (when you get the "if you continue flooding..." warning) be quiet for 3 seconds? then type again normally?
Even the finest admins get caught in the auto-mute loophole so it definitely ain't that easy...
Just keep it simple, one floods and gets muted for 300 seconds, he continues and gets muted till he relogs.
You can't just rely on relog when you're working in convoy, it kills the spree.
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

Tyzee

dude if there was a time limit people would 100% abuse it.

Knight

Quote from: Andro[MKD] on August 14, 2014, 07:02
dude if there was a time limit people would 100% abuse it.
Do you care to explain how will it be abused?
You mean that players will get themselves muted just because there is a time limit?
No one wants to be muted for even 10 seconds, we are talking about 300 seconds here.

Quotary

As stated earlier by Chewbacca, if you get muted you can just relog and try again, isn't that the exact same thing as waiting till a mute expires by doing it yourself?
Why not implement the idea, it'll give smoother gameplay as you don't have to relog after mutes. The mute is obviously your own fault, either by spam or by accident, but then again, admins automatically unmute someone if they see they got muted, without knowing if it was really spam or not (as it could've happened in a CB).
This also makes sure people won't accidentally spam, because if they do now they know they get unmuted by an admin, but with the automatic unmute they have to wait and lose 'precious' talktime.

I am sure this wont get added, because of stubbornness, but I don't mind an automatic unmute. Keeps me from relogging when I get muted and helps admin doing their duty without being disturbed with unmuting the automatic mutes.

tl;dr: :like:

Cezy

Deff

Few points,
1. No one cares for an advertisement, even if someone does, doesn't mean they will leave our server for ever.
2. A person who just wants to spam the chat and flood it or advertise it, can relog easily and comeback to evade the mute, but a person in a convoy in middle of a mission cannot relog before completing the mission.
3. Anti-Flood system can be evaded.
4. If in case there is any major flooder/advertiser, he can be reported and can be permanently banned easily.

So I'd say +1 for auto-unmute....

Dobby

It seems my opinion has changed on this. Id like an auto unmute so people don't remain muted while an admin isnt on. Especially if you're in convoy. We could use UNIXOMG so it'll be minutes perhaps? that way you don't have to leave your convoy, and don't have to wait that long.

Tyzee

Quote from: Chewbacca on September 06, 2014, 21:58
It seems my opinion has changed on this. Id like an auto unmute so people don't remain muted while an admin isnt on. Especially if you're in convoy. We could use UNIXOMG so it'll be minutes perhaps? that way you don't have to leave your convoy, and don't have to wait that long.
Being muted without an admin on is a pain in the ass, so +1 for the suggestion  :like:

Emily

I believe people should read the red text more often, and if they do get muted smart people know the process if no admin is on.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT