[HowTo] Change font of SAMP chat.

Started by Knight, June 19, 2014, 17:16

Knight

Hello fellow members, I was playing the other day and I noticed that some players were talking about changing their SAMP font. They certainly didn't know if it is possible to change SAMP font or not, they obviously didn't know how to do it either.
Now without going in too deep of what is the reason behind me making this topic, I'd prefer to just start on the tutorial on How can you change font in SAMP chat.

Programs you'll need during this process :
-Typograf - You can get Typograf for free Here
-Hex Editor - You can get Hex Editor for free Here

Now when you have the above said programs, you can begin with the process by following the steps mentioned below. I've included the images with the steps so it becomes easier (:
  • Open typograf and select font of your choice from the many fonts you see. Right click on the font, and select properties.

• Click on rename and rename it to gtasa. Click on rename again and save it on your desktop. Exit Typograf now.

• Go to the font you just saved on your desktop, right click on it and click install.(You'll need administrator privileges for this)
For XP users - Read Note-1.

• Now open Hex Editor, press Ctrl+O (alternatively you can click on File at title bar and click on open) then go to your GTA SA directory, search for samp.dll and hit enter.

• Now press Ctrl+R (alternatively you can click on search on title bar and choose replace) and in search for field type Arial and in replace to field type gtasa. Click Ok, it will prompt you about file size, select Ok. Now save it and exit Hex Editor.

[/list]
If everything is done as said above, then you will find your SAMP font replaced with the one you chose the next time you go in-game.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to ask them in comments below (:

Note 1 - For XP users, if you can't find install when doing right click on font then visit this link
Note 2 - Your game should not be running during the installation procedure.
Note 3 - If you want to find cool fonts then you can visit This website

Real Madrid Club de FĂștbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tĂș hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

TheSandman

Moved to correct section.
Quote from: Help section description
Most basic guides and frequently asked questions about server.
Modding isnt included. :)
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Emily

Yeah, I'm bumping this, but it no longer works with the latest SAMP update.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Joshy

Quote from: Emily on May 06, 2015, 15:29
Yeah, I'm bumping this, but it no longer works with the latest SAMP update.
Quote from: 0.3.7 RC release notes- Although not officially supported, the font face and weight can be changed by editing the sa-mp.cfg file:
Code:
fontface="Comic Sans MS"
fontweight=1
Supported font weights are 0 = BOLD (default) and 1 = NORMAL.

* Tyler /fontsize is also available as of 0.3.7
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Emily

Well, the above method doesn't work anymore.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT