[HELP] How to make a quad axle truck? (8 moving wheels)

Started by RaceRX, January 13, 2014, 06:56

RaceRX

Starting a project as soon as i hear how i do it. please help!

playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

nyolc8

Make the complete 2nd axle with both side wheels attached into one object, put that "wheel" in "wheel_lm_dummy". So wheel_lm_dummy will be the 2nd axle. Move the whole wheel_lm_dummy into the middle on the X axis and move it on the Z axis where the 2nd axle will be. (then make the pivot of the axle object to the same as the dummy position, but you already know that)

Then make the complete 3rd axle with both side wheels attached into one object, put that "wheel" in "wheel_rm_dummy". wheel_rm_dummy will be the 3rd axle. Move wheel_rm_dummy on X axis into middle, and move it on Z axis where the 3rd axle will be. (then fix the 3rd axle "wheel" object pivot too)

Make the 4th axle normally.

RaceRX

So self tought simply said, is it x2 wheel_lm_dummy or two attached wheels on wheel_lm? I think its two attacked wheels buy im just making sure (:
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

nyolc8

both side wheels needs to be merged into one object, so the whole axle will work like one wheel.

RaceRX

Quote from: nyolc8 on January 13, 2014, 21:18
both side wheels needs to be merged into one object, so the whole axle will work like one wheel.
makes sense thanks man!

Nice