3 (5.8%)
Explain more
1 (1.9%)
I dont use sound
6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: January 18, 2014, 01:09

Dobby

So i've thought about it today, and how many people usually run outta fuel, or forget to fuel up (i do it lately). I've thought about adding a sound, and a text on screen for 3 seconds when you're low on fuel. I've added 4 answers to the poll. So feel free to answer one only.

With micks permission i'm gonna add a GameTextForPlayer() and PlayerPlaySound();  when you're low on fuel, and maybe expand it to GPS you to the nearest shop/fuel station.

Explain your poll answer as well :) it'll help me somewhat

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Konali

I'm neutral :D

I think adding a sound is something extra that might help those that are to distracted with other things, or failed to use common logic:)
Im not against it:) i just feel, it is something extra, for those few people, that are in the minority:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Dobby

I should add an option for "i dont use sound" so it benefits them with the text on screen. So they'll get the alert regardless.

Extra poll idea added
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ethan

how about just a text message in the bottom of the screen with a reminder your running low on fuel if you have like 2-3 bars left??

Dobby

Quote from: Ethan on December 19, 2013, 01:16
how about just a text message in the bottom of the screen with a reminder your running low on fuel if you have like 2-3 bars left??

Above the speedometer?

Ethan

something like this:

Rubber

YOU'RE ***  Trololol.

Anyway, I'm kinda neutral on this too. If we never ran out of fuel, it would be quite boring.

Dobby

Not a bad idea Ethan :)

Quote from: Rubber on December 19, 2013, 01:37
YOU'RE ***  Trololol.

He did put that? D:

Ethan

$2000 dollar fuelcan ftw

Rubber

Quote from: Dobby. on December 19, 2013, 01:44
Not a bad idea Ethan :)

Quote from: Rubber on December 19, 2013, 01:37
YOU'RE ***  Trololol.

He did put that? D:

He forgot the apostrophe. Sorry for my grammar nazism. It was bugging me lol

TheSandman

Just add bigger fuel tanks = SOLVED = MORE REALISTIC.
Sorry but that has to be said, the fuel tanks last 30km (on server) which is pathetically unrealistic.
Maybe 200km on the same tank, but more expensive, maybe 500 to fill (with achievement)? Its closer to what a realistic truck has, otherwise at 125km in a RT it only takes very little time to run out.

Also, yes i like this idea, but only if you can toggle it, since i dont have this issue.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Tyler

The same thing as when you're speeding, your speedo will flash and then you will get a message, or flash your status bar with "You need fuel" on.

[23:19:46] (CB:16) Fish: thats going in my sig

bazingashane0

Quote from: TheSandman on December 19, 2013, 07:01
Sorry but that has to be said, the fuel tanks last 30km (on server) which is pathetically unrealistic.
Maybe 200km on the same tank, but more expensive, maybe 500 to fill (with achievement)? Its closer to what a realistic truck has, otherwise at 125km in a RT it only takes very little time to run out.

Also, yes i like this idea, but only if you can toggle it, since i dont have this issue.
I agree, although sand most trucks in australia have duel fuel tanks and last I think up to about 1000kms or more :D

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

TheSandman

Quote from: Shane0 on December 19, 2013, 07:17
Quote from: TheSandman on December 19, 2013, 07:01

I agree, although sand most trucks in australia have duel fuel tanks and last I think up to about 1000kms or more :D
Well duh. Alot more than 2, sometimes they have 2-3 down each side of the cab and sleeper.
But still, most trucks have big fuel tanks, i wouldnt know what EU/US does to theirs.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

sorin

I like this Dobby, but don't forgot the colors  :ccmas:
Keep the server updated and players will come back :)