Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

Started by Calvingreen17., November 28, 2013, 15:18

Calvingreen17.

Straight from the Dev himself:

QuoteHello!

We're going to stream the first official gameplay of working multiplayer modification for Euro Truck Simulator 2 in the near future!

After months of hard work, we are finally getting close to a first release, which unfortunately for you has to go through tests to ensure that it is up to scratch for the main release, this is to ensure that nothing is wrong when we release to the public. In order to show you what has been created and to show you that there will be a final project we are going to be streaming, live streaming, from around 10 different places, different perspectives of Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer, allowing you to see how everything functions from both multiple players and also from multiple countries!

As this will be the first time there has been multiple players on the modification you may notice that the sync isn't that good during the test or other problems, however you need to remember that although it has taken a fair few months to get to this stage there is still work to do on the mod and that many things may be changed and also upgraded in the future.

More information including the streaming links will be posted in the future however for now just remember, in order to stay updated with all the information keep checking the forums and our facebook fanpage, link below! Happy Trucking!

Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/ets2mpofficial

RootKiller and the team.

Source: http://ets2mp.com/showthread.php?tid=642&pid=6760#pid6760

I believe the livestream will be displayed @ twitch.tv/rootkillerpl. I dont know exactly what time, he simply said "near future." So lets cross our fingers and hope that it's sometime in December. (best Christmas present ever? To those who celebrate it).

If you wanna know what time, I advise you keep track of that link I posted up there.

Older and wiser

Dobby

Any news on if you can make your own modes yet?
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Bruno_2MLG4CT

ETS sucks if not original  :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike:
no moni to buy original so  :like: :dislike:

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Dobby. on November 28, 2013, 15:39
Any news on if you can make your own modes yet?

Pretty sure you will be able to after they release the dedicated server tools and stuff like that.

Quote from: Bruno_2MLG4CT on November 28, 2013, 15:55
ETS sucks if not original  :dislike: :dislike: :dislike: :dislike:
no moni to buy original so  :like: :dislike:

ETS2 is a very good game, even without mods. Multiplayer would expand the fun (                                                                                            that much further                                                                                         )

You cant imagine yourself in a convoy with other people around the world in such an awesome game and not think it'd be fun.

Older and wiser

Calvingreen17.

Pre Stream video from Rootkiller on the progress of the mod:

Older and wiser

COLBYLICIOUS

DeHavilland

[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Calvingreen17.

A little small update:

Quote from: RootKiller
Here it is! Latest development news! Screenshots from our fanpage!

UPDATE! - Working mirrors

We have now spawned 36 trucks - big FPS loss.. Going to fight with it! (No shadows yet)

Colours? No problem!

Small stress test :) [36 trucks aren't problem now :)]

We would like to thank Komat from SCS Software for his invaluable help!

Cheers! Stay tuned for new teaser, live stream and release!

Source: http://ets2mp.com/showthread.php?tid=663

Older and wiser

Rockey

Dr_dog

I guess even if SCS got one of their devs helping it and giving them support the SCS itself might start to change the game more positive to accept the 3rd party multiplayer code
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Polaco

Quote from: Dr_dog on December 08, 2013, 15:14
I guess even if SCS got one of their devs helping it and giving them support the SCS itself might start to change the game more positive to accept the 3rd party multiplayer code
SCS said the problem isn't the multiplayer itself but yes the servers.
A server should have 0% lag to avoid colisions (even small ones because it's a simulator...so you can't crash everytime like in SAMP, even crashes caused by lag).
They need a lot of servers too and opition to customize server, garages, etc.
And the Multiplayer need a lot of things like...more than one company in game since it have a lot of players who want to have an own company. A lot of garages to support companies and repair shops, etc.
@Last video:
that's nice we can change colors and no-lag with a lot of trucks, but we need be able to customize and see others doing it too.
"The wise man does not see a problem as a fool sees. He sees the problem as a way to gain more wisdom solving it"-Polaco
Want new Mods? Click here! - My SkyDrive folder.
Who is Polaco?

When a blonde see a Sting Ray...

Dr_dog

The amount of garages: It could be fixed by allowing some specific like 16 or 24 clients into a single server. And those garages are bound to that server only. Kinda like samp.. OR then something like save the user data to world of trucks profile? (If SCS wants to support the MP idea) Theres ways to do it but ones require more effort than others. User hosted servers may be option.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rahail

Polaco

Quote from: Rahail on December 12, 2013, 23:10

This lag....the trucks backing a bit, that's the main problem I think, since we're in a simulator the lag should be 0 (none) because even a small lag could cause a big crash. At overtaking and etc, need improve the system to avoid hacks and etc.
"The wise man does not see a problem as a fool sees. He sees the problem as a way to gain more wisdom solving it"-Polaco
Want new Mods? Click here! - My SkyDrive folder.
Who is Polaco?

When a blonde see a Sting Ray...