[How-To]Solve Errors in message bar at ZModeler

Started by Polaco, June 26, 2013, 20:50

Polaco

Here i'm with some tutorial,how to fix a small error in ZModeler,which appears to beginners,they get mad and say "OMG impossible,my car is fucked up,without textures" well,it is easy to know if any texture is missing,how?Checking error bar,look:
Exemple of a vehicle without any texture loaded:

And here,exemple of vehicle with some missing textures,normally it is vehiclelights128,carplate,carpback or vehicleenvmap128,generic textures of GTA:SA,which you can find out in GTA:SA main folder,at Models/Generic>vehicle.txd and can extract from here the missing texture:

Here is these generic textures:

Well,and finally,we have the vehicle with all textures OK,now you can edit,make anything and export,and it will keep how it is in ZModeler,with all effects (Chrom,Reflections,Lights)

That small error message,appears only in some vehicles,in my case,because i use extra dumies to fix rear wheels,that message don't will affect in anything your Mod,so,don't worry if you see that message or anything like it(with different bytes numbers)
And remember,if any error message appear asking for any texture,NEVER continue your edition or anything without fix it,because your car might have some problems at textures,effects,etc,and here,all names of all generic textures contained in GTA:SA:
xvehicleenv128.bmp
vehicletyres128.bmp
vehiclesteering128.bmp - (this texture have alpha channel,but alpha isn't needed at ZModeler)
vehiclespecdot64.bmp
vehicleshatter128.bmp - (this texture have alpha channel,but alpha isn't needed at ZModeler)
vehiclescratch64.bmp - (this texture have alpha channel,but alpha isn't needed at ZModeler)
vehiclepoldecals128.bmp - (this texture have alpha channel,but alpha isn't needed at ZModeler)
vehiclelightson128.bmp
vehiclelights128.bmp
vehiclegrunge256.bmp
vehiclegeneric256.bmp
vehicleenvmap128.bmp
vehicledash32.bmp - (this texture have alpha channel,but alpha isn't needed at ZModeler)
platecharset.bmp
plateback3.bmp
plateback2.bmp
plateback1.bmp
carplate.bmp
carpback.bmp

Legend:
Bold:necessary for several cars
Normal:rarely necessary

And remember,i advise you to save Necessary For Several Cars at any folder at your PC extracted,and these textures don't need be contained at .txd of vehicle

Polaco Art - More tutorials is coming  ;)
"The wise man does not see a problem as a fool sees. He sees the problem as a way to gain more wisdom solving it"-Polaco
Want new Mods? Click here! - My SkyDrive folder.
Who is Polaco?

When a blonde see a Sting Ray...

Rubber

Good points Polaco. It is very important to check the command line to see if there are any errors when opening a mod. CHECK IT EVERY TIME YOU OPEN A MOD to save you time and hassle later.