[How-To] Display Options Explanation

Started by Rubber, June 25, 2013, 22:27

Rubber

Before beginning, this tutorial requires knowledge about: Zmodeler Startup screen explained

Display Options

The display options feature on ZM allows you to alter the viewports or windows. It is comprised of two pull-down menus. The left pull-down menu is the view type menu. It looks like this:

When the window is in the 3D selection, you can rotate the object with the left mouse button. You can scroll with the middle mouse wheel and pan the screen by holding the middle mouse button down and moving the mouse. When in the 3D view, you cannot edit any model.

The options 'Front' through 'Bottom' designate which direction you view the model from. It's pretty obvious that 'Front' views the model from the front, and 'Top' views it from the top, etc.

The 'User' view option lets you get a 3D view in which you can edit models.

'Perspective' gives you a similar view to the 'User' option. To be honest, I don't even know the differences between the two. 'Perspective' is extremely useful in deleting or editing polygons that are hard to see in any other view.

The 'UV Mapper' view option puts the viewport in the UV mapping mode. It is only used to apply textures to objects. This is a really complicated thing to explain, and can't be done properly until all the other tools are explained. Therefore, it will be explained in greater detail at a later time.

The pull-down menu on the right has more options for the windows. This menu looks like this:

The only important feature on this menu is the grid feature. It creates a grid on the screen. You can make major grid lines (they are farther apart), or minor grid lines (the lines are closer together). Even though I said this is the most important feature on the list...it's really not that important. Frankly, I find grid lines annoying, so I always have them off.