[How-To] Use Selected Mode and Auto features

Started by Rubber, June 25, 2013, 21:54

Rubber

Before beginning, this tutorial requires knowledge about: Zmodeler Startup screen explained

Before I begin with toolbars and other functions, I need to explain the 'Selected Mode' and 'Auto' features. These tools are found at the very bottom of the screen, directly below the model tree (see Zmodeler Startup screen explained). They are sometimes really annoying...but can be extremely useful if used to their potential.

'Selected Mode' allows you to modify multiple objects, points, edges, or polygons at the same time. When 'Selected Mode' is OFF, you can have multiple points selected, but only one point will be modified. However, if 'Selected Mode' is ON, you can have multiple points selected and ALL the selected points will be modified.

'Auto' allows the user to select multiple objects, points, edges, or polygons with a rectangular selection tool. When 'Auto' is OFF, you will not be able to select multiple objects. When it is ON, you can select multiple things with the selection tool.

If for some reason you cannot do certain tasks (like creating a box or tube), be sure the 'Auto' feature is OFF. Likewise, 'Selected mode' should be toggled if you cannot do certain things. This is what I mean by 'really annoying'. If not for this, they are really useful tools. Always keep these two features in mind when modding.