[How-To] Master List of ZModeler Tutorials

Started by Rubber, June 19, 2013, 04:30

Polaco

Quote from: Deff on June 19, 2013, 18:48
Quote from: Amine on June 19, 2013, 17:11
hehe i tried to modify nyolc8 mods but they was Locked :P

You can try to use RW Analyze to unlock them.

I don't see a reason why people lock their mods. Everyone should be able to modify their cars according to their own style and enjoy SAMP, thats what I think, otherwise SAMP will die one day.

Its due to people sharing new knowledge for free about GTA SA , making tutorials, softwares for free for everyone that GTA SA is still one of the popular games in so many years.
I never lock any mod and never will,hate when people lock Mods,and hate when doesn't post credits too,if they unlock but post credits,i don't see reason to complain
"The wise man does not see a problem as a fool sees. He sees the problem as a way to gain more wisdom solving it"-Polaco
Want new Mods? Click here! - My SkyDrive folder.
Who is Polaco?

When a blonde see a Sting Ray...

Rubber

Quote from: Anri on June 19, 2013, 23:19
rubber kept his word and posted the tutorials !!!!

ps: promised it before a year or so...

I have been really busy the last year. All the tutorials would have been done if I had time. Now, I am trying to finish my Jeep before the 4th of July for parades. I'm working 16 hours a day on it and don't have a whole lot of time for other things. I will post more when I get time though.

Vinny

Quote from: Rubber on June 20, 2013, 07:12

I have been really busy the last year. All the tutorials would have been done if I had time. Now, I am trying to finish my Jeep before the 4th of July for parades. I'm working 16 hours a day on it and don't have a whole lot of time for other things. I will post more when I get time though.
Wait didn't you post some videos a few months ago ?
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Rubber

Quote from: Vinny on June 20, 2013, 09:47
Quote from: Rubber on June 20, 2013, 07:12

Wait didn't you post some videos a few months ago ?

I did, but they weren't finished. I got through 6 episodes I think, but I tried recording the next episode and the recording software flipped out, the recording was no good. I tried several times to record it, but something always got messed up so I gave up on it.

Costel

Rubber

I spent about 4 hours today updating the tutorial. It goes a lot slower than I want, but I think it is good detailed information that should help some people with modding. I still need to add info about the different tools and then show different examples on how they are used.

If anyone has any suggestions or corrections so far, I would like to hear them. Also, any requests (like how to add a license plate) can be made. Feel free to post or PM me and I'll try to get tutorials made as soon as I can.

Tuntun

Quote from: Rubber on June 23, 2013, 05:58
I spent about 4 hours today updating the tutorial. It goes a lot slower than I want, but I think it is good detailed information that should help some people with modding. I still need to add info about the different tools and then show different examples on how they are used.

If anyone has any suggestions or corrections so far, I would like to hear them. Also, any requests (like how to add a license plate) can be made. Feel free to post or PM me and I'll try to get tutorials made as soon as I can.
Thanks to spend you're times in it Rubber.

Vinny

So i imported a clean jetmax dff and erased everything to keep the engine, i saved it and when i reopened the saved file i got this ^
Why did it become so shitty ? (in the 3d display, bottom right)
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Costel

try show all , if it won't work it might be a save bug :)

Rubber

For some reason, the textures did not save with the model. Also, it looks like something got messed up or is missing from the model part of it. Look at the command line (lower left hand corner) to see all the error messages. Did you save it as a ZMod file or did you export it as some other type of file? I have had this happen to me many times. The only fix I have found is to start over. This is why you need to save your work often. Some of the mods that I have worked on for a few hours have 50 or more saves. It is for this reason exactly...

Vinny

I have no idea I saved as Zmod file, closed zmodeler and double clicked on the file and I got this. Later I remade it from scratch and exported to dff. Opened a new zmodeler window and imported the dff and I got NOTHING. I probably did something wrong while saving/exporting but idk why it says some textures are missing since I saved it in the same folder where I exported all the textures needed to mod the dff correctly. (Jetmax.txd + vehicle.txd)

What you could probably do as best to help me is do what I did its a 2 minutes work where you import jetmax.dff and erase everything except the engine at the back then see if it works with your "method". That's all I did yet and already have troubles :'( (it was already a challenge to erase it btw xD)

Rubber

Quote from: Vinny on June 24, 2013, 00:52
I have no idea I saved as Zmod file, closed zmodeler and double clicked on the file and I got this. Later I remade it from scratch and exported to dff. Opened a new zmodeler window and imported the dff and I got NOTHING. I probably did something wrong while saving/exporting but idk why it says some textures are missing since I saved it in the same folder where I exported all the textures needed to mod the dff correctly. (Jetmax.txd + vehicle.txd)

What you could probably do as best to help me is do what I did its a 2 minutes work where you import jetmax.dff and erase everything except the engine at the back then see if it works with your "method". That's all I did yet and already have troubles :'( (it was already a challenge to erase it btw xD)

I tried it and it worked for me. Did you import the textures from the vehicle.txd file before you imported the dff? When you saved the file, what did you have in the model tree? Was it only the engine (I think the object was named 'boat')?

Here is a screen of what I get when I open the file that I saved:

I have attached a zipped folder of the project that I created. It has all the tga files, dffs, and txds. Also, I saved the engine as a dff in case you want to import it into another model. One thing that you need to be careful with when saving as a dff: you MUST save the name as the first line in the model tree (in this case, I saved it as jetmax.dff).

If you wanted to add this engine to a different mod, here is what you do: First, open the mod that you want to add it to. Make sure you have all the textures set up for it. Now, import all the textures from the jetmax.txd file (I already extracted them and they are included in the folder in TGA format). Last, import the .dff file that is included in the 'modded dff' folder that is attached. Now all you need to do is drag the object in the model tree into your model. Let's say you wanted to put this engine on the buffalo. This would mean you have to drag the 'boat' layer in the jetmax.dff model tree into the right layer on the buffalo.dff model tree. You have to do this because ZModeler is kind of dumb and it requires DFF's to be saved as the first line on the model tree. Once you have the engine ('boat' layer) moved to the Buffalo, you can delete whatever is left of the jetmax.dff model.

I hope this helps. It is a bit hard to explain in text, but if you would like further clarification, I can post a tutorial on how it is done. Enjoy, my friend.

MeTaLiXx

moddin is damn Difficult :/ this gonna be hard
[hide=Old Signature]
[hide= Ingame Stats]
[/hide]
[/hide]

Vinny

Oh crap so it was probably the name ... I did put something like "jetmax engine" while saving, can't tell atm cuz I'm on my phone (it's 2:40 am here). I will check your folder and try to do the same thing on my own because ill never learn anything if people give me ready files.
You probably already heard it but your are an awesome guy. Really kind to everyone and always helpful even though you're very busy all the time. A lot of thanks for your help, maybe it is not a big deal as a pro modder but it is a big help for beginners like me and it is a great thing to see that there are still a few helpful people for some nubs.

Rubber

Quote from: Vinny on June 24, 2013, 01:50
Oh crap so it was probably the name ... I did put something like "jetmax engine" while saving, can't tell atm cuz I'm on my phone (it's 2:40 am here). I will check your folder and try to do the same thing on my own because ill never learn anything if people give me ready files.
You probably already heard it but your are an awesome guy. Really kind to everyone and always helpful even though you're very busy all the time. A lot of thanks for your help, maybe it is not a big deal as a pro modder but it is a big help for beginners like me and it is a great thing to see that there are still a few helpful people for some nubs.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to help people like you, who are interested in modding and aren't afraid to work a bit to learn. I agree with doing things on your own, I only included the folder so you can see what I did and learn from it. There is no need for you to use the model I gave you. Best of luck with the modding! Let me know if you have any more problems.