Houses with larger slots

Started by Rockey, March 18, 2013, 17:09

Would you want more larger slot house's? Of any Type/Variation

Yes
No
Maybe

Rockey

Quote from: Ethan on March 18, 2013, 19:33
you also have to see it from Micks perspective.. I for one, wouldnt want my entire map to be filled with houses because if you think about it, how many houses are there now compared to how many people are actually active during a week/months 3 months??  evict the house abusers who come on the server ever 3-59 days stay on for three hours and leave just to say they have a house...

what I am trying to say is, why add more higher slot houses when the people who actually may have a 2-3 4+ slot house just dont use them

So true, i think someone should evict Zedd so i can take his house :D

Benny

Yep alot of houses need to be evicted, still don't know why noone is doing it.
Fuck the proof you need! if the played didn't do more then 5 missions in 30 days evict him!
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Marlbo[Ro]

Quote from: Rockey on March 18, 2013, 20:15
Quote from: Ethan on March 18, 2013, 19:33
you also have to see it from Micks perspective.. I for one, wouldnt want my entire map to be filled with houses because if you think about it, how many houses are there now compared to how many people are actually active during a week/months 3 months??  evict the house abusers who come on the server ever 3-59 days stay on for three hours and leave just to say they have a house...

what I am trying to say is, why add more higher slot houses when the people who actually may have a 2-3 4+ slot house just dont use them

So true, i think someone should evict Zedd so i can take his house :D
Rockey is right in a way but I think "if matter" is like adding house is another problem, new objects more lags, ethan said well that many players enter the server only 3 hours a week, and we have to think that many started from a house with 1 slot and had patience.
Example: I think I had 3 houses with 1 slot, after that I had 2 houses with 2 slots, one with 4 slots which I think was also Konali's (I think) after that I had 5 slots, another house with 1 slot and now I have 2 slots. :-\
                    patience

Terrorista310

Quote from: Ethan on March 18, 2013, 19:56
so you would rather us make brand new houses, have you wait 5 weeks for an island to be done, wait another 3 weeks for debugging, wait another 2 weeks for Mick to start scripting new houses  vs us evict players and have the house (already in the server) become available in, lets say, 18 hours?

wtf, i was talking about the houses in the sa map, not made up islands.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

mick88

Adding shitton of houses is easy, but it will quickly exhaust number of objects and we will no longer be able to add any new islands or houses. Therefore we prefer to add new houses slowly with additions of new islands instead of making one blob of houses and nothing interesting. Houses are not like normal objects, they must always be spawned and cannot be streamed, so you dont fall into water when you come out of the door.

Rockey

Quote from: mick88 on March 18, 2013, 21:28
Adding shitton of houses is easy, but it will quickly exhaust number of objects and we will no longer be able to add any new islands or houses. Therefore we prefer to add new houses slowly with additions of new islands instead of making one blob of houses and nothing interesting. Houses are not like normal objects, they must always be spawned and cannot be streamed, so you dont fall into water when you come out of the door.

Off topic; You can talk!  :smile:

On topic; Right i didnt know that, but maybe it would be an idea to finish adding the avalible houses? like the ones left in MC or the few around other places in the map?

Costel

Guys , new houses are not needed ! there're like 80% of players with big houses that are really inactive  , want some example ? razvanel , Zedd , frutek , whithunder , they come online only like 1 min per month , they come online only to don't lose their house , a lot of players want big houses , i'm one of them , but like other players that play for hours and hours on server and wait like 1 year for a big house then he must camp at it with like 10 players that want it ! the most easy thing is that admins sell all houses of inactive players , and everyone will be happy , inactive accounts report is full of houses !

Rockey

Quote from: Costantino on March 19, 2013, 12:53
Guys , new houses are not needed ! there're like 80% of players with big houses that are really inactive  , want some example ? razvanel , Zedd , frutek , whithunder , they come online only like 1 min per month , they come online only to don't lose their house , a lot of players want big houses , i'm one of them , but like other players that play for hours and hours on server and wait like 1 year for a big house then he must camp at it with like 10 players that want it ! the most easy thing is that admins sell all houses of inactive players , and everyone will be happy , inactive accounts report is full of houses !

Couldn't agree more!!!

Spekter

Evicting of inactive players should be the primary goal, but adding some new houses is not bad either.

Rockey

Quote from: Sveki on March 20, 2013, 01:19
Evicting of inactive players should be the primary goal, but adding some new houses is not bad either.

Maybe evict the inactive players who only come to keep their house then next add more houses when we run out again?

Benny

Its not that simple to evict players from houses staff needs good and real proof of him being inactive but still i dont know why do admins need that since they
can see and they know that players are inactive.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

Keep in mind that now we don't even have a proper server and we run on some backup server. My point is that the activity of players is going down.

Rockey

Quote from: SzajmoN on March 20, 2013, 08:53
Keep in mind that now we don't even have a proper server and we run on some backup server. My point is that the activity of players is going down.

True but this isn't a new issue, it's not caused by the backup server it's been an on going issue for a long time

Rockey

Sorry to bump an old topic but i had an idea...

Why not add some of the bigger slot houses 4-10 slots, with 0 parking range? just make them cheaper like you did with the one slots.. Its fairly simple and could make loads of new 'houses'..

I think people would rather get a 10 slot with 0 parking range than wait 6months for one to come for sale, camp it twelve hours then finally get it. Like personally i would be happy with a 10slot that has 0 parking range, aslong as the location made up for the parking, maybe add them around LV as it has lots of parking areas.

Ethan

Quote from: SzajmoN on March 20, 2013, 08:53
My point is that the activity of players is going down.

thats the whole point, plain and simple.. how many accounts do you think there are of wannabes that com one, drive around maybe do one mission and then leave and never come back?  now think of how many people have been playing this for some time and then decide they are no longer interested in playing it at all?  the whole point should not be add 985478 more houses, the point should b, evict the people who havent done a single mission in a time frame of at least 45 days. make that the new threshold.   you dont want to play anymore, thats fine, thats your choice but dont hog a fucking house, let someone who actually stays on here for hours have it, and let them enjoy it