[Tutorial] Modifying vehicles in ZModeler

Started by Rubber, August 31, 2012, 04:48

Rubber

Hello boys/girls/men/ladies/robots/cyborgs. This is my modding tutorial for ZModeler. There are 3 episodes done so far (the third episode is broken up into 4 parts). This took me quite a while to make, so I hope at least one of you finds it useful. Please ask questions and give suggestions if you would like. Or maybe like the video on youtube  ;D . About the recording: I used camstudio. It recorded the video fine, but the playback was faster than the actual recording. So for example, the first video took me about 6 minutes to record, yet the playback length is only 4:55. This causes things to be sped up a bit, so you may need to pause the video to read things....sorry.

Episode 1 focuses on the basics of ZModeler operation. Skip this video if you are already fluent with ZMod.

Episode 2 shows how to import mods.

Episode 3, part 1 deals with creating objects.

Episode 3, part 2 deals with making and integrating objects into your mod.

Episode 3, part 3 deals with completing some more objects.

Episode 3, part 4 deals with texturing the final mod.

CURRENTLY UPLOADING MORE EPISODES

Thanks for watching!

Oh, and the mod created in the tutorial videos is available below.

Mr.Kangaroo

sweet! might try it out over the weekend :D
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

Joshly98

Yayyyyaaaayyyy!!! Thanks sooo much rubber! I might try on the w/end too :P

MikeMan

Shame we cant hear that sexy ass voice of Rubber.

Joshly98

Yeah, I was hoping for voice too, not that I wanted to listen to it for pleasure, but I find it easier to follow with voice :P

Costel

Rubber

I know sorry about the text. I recorded these videos months ago...If I make updates I'll use my mic

Twido

Quote from: Rubber on August 31, 2012, 18:36
I know sorry about the text. I recorded these videos months ago...If I make updates I'll use my mic
sweet, nice tut.. mic is not really needed, and uhm do you have link to full zmod or sth?

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Rubber

You can either pay the big $ and buy the full version or find a download (illegal) somewhere. I'm not going to post the link because it is illegal. I am not suggesting that you download the illegal version...but it's an option  ;D

Twido

Quote from: Rubber on September 01, 2012, 19:30
You can either pay the big $ and buy the full version or find a download (illegal) somewhere. I'm not going to post the link because it is illegal. I am not suggesting that you download the illegal version...but it's an option  ;D

heh ok xD , nice tut btw :)

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Ethan

I do remember you saying that only the full version allows models to be imported.. am I right on this.. so the only way, if correct, to modify vehicles would be to get the full version no matter which way you go forth about getting it??

Rubber

I think with the demo version you can import mods, but cannot export them...so it is kinda pointless. The only way to follow the tutorial I posted is to get the full version one way or another.

Also, if an admin could sticky this topic, that would be cool. I think people will find this helpful eventually.

If anyone has ideas for future episodes, let me know. I still have more episodes to upload but I'm having problems with file conversion so it might take some time.

Hayabusa.

Why don't you just talk? It would be way faster and better for all.

Gameboy

RaceRX

Rubber teaching kids how to mod since August 30, 2012, 20:48
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice