[HowTo] Avoid Lag

Started by Lindsey, February 16, 2011, 20:25

Lindsey

I love reporting people, it's great fun it brings out my controlling side and shows how intelligent i really am, however when i read some reports here i realise how dumb people really can be.

Here's the basics:

• Before reporting someone, what is there ping? Are they over 200? If so, then they're CONNECTION is lagging due to high LATENCY.
  • Ask them what their Frames per second is, and suggest to them /fpslimit 100 (If they don't know how to see their FPS, tell them to get fraps, even the free version will tell them what their FPS is)
  • Make sure it wasn't an accident, talk to them! (CIVILISED)
SA-MP IS NOT SYNCED, it is NOT a perfect multiplayer game, you MUST remember that if someone is driving in front of you, on THEIR screen they are actually a bit further a head of what YOU can see.

I.e.
You see :
Player A here                    ----------X------------
You are here                    X-----------------X------------
However he sees:
Player A(himself)               --------------X--------
You (on his screen)           X----------------------------X--------

Do you see? It's like when on a killing server, you're shooting someone who is running but they aren't dieing. It's because you're shooting where they aren't. To damage someone, you need to hit them on THEIR screen, therefore if you overtake someone on this server, and pull in when you think it's safe, on their screen you're actually raping them with your trailer. You drive off with no damage, and they take a MASSIVE hit.

So 2 important things here:

• When overtaking, don't pull in right in front of them, give them room.
  • Make sure that it wasn't a lag ram! Accidents happen, and i know if i caused someone to completely lose his load on here from my lag i would pay the fee, because i know i lag and it's my fault.
Be careful, and have fun!
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Joshy

Also, to determine if you have bad lag, you can hold down F5 and check your 'packet loss'. This is the percentage of packets that you have lost in your connection to the server, packets are chunks of data basically. However this is only client-side packetloss, if you really want to know if you are lagging, ask an admin in-game (/admin) to do /network [your id] and we will be able to tell you your server packetloss.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)