News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Feedback about CT maps

Started by Konali, July 15, 2012, 11:57

Konali

Hello guys, since this is a new board let me start off with asking you this question:
What is your opinion about the overall look and mapping details from the maps that have been added to CT, or got added in the past, which maps you really don't like and why not, or which maps you think should look better with etc.

Give us your feedback! :)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Benny

I like all the mapping in CVT it's gereat i just don't like some bugs that they have by that i mean that something is higher and the other thing is lower.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Deff

I think they have been perfectly designed keeping all small things in mind, but some bridges are blocking the way for boats (example: Fir Island to Eyre Island bridge, the one with gas station at the end). Rest is perfectly designed, I specially like the new eyre Island, and the cave located in Sandus Key.

GeneralLee

All maps looks great! I love it all! but in 2 yrs and a half we can go better! Just look for more mappers,make a big thing...and let's expend on all earth!..Anyway all maps looks great even islands,even club bases or road works! Thx to Mappers Team!

Anyway can Mick make Sandus Key and the Valley visible on minimap(or Map)!??

Joshly98

I like all the maps, except for the roadworks behind lv airport. there is not enough room for trucks to get through

Konali

Quote from: Agresiv on July 15, 2012, 12:19

No, gangzones limits has been reached, so only thing possible is to make the already gangzoned islands/maps less detailed, so that there will become free space again to use new gangzones. However this might work for the Valley and Sandus 1 time, but i think after that its the same story again. Once everyone knows where the islands are i dont think its  a huge problem. Maybe there will be a update with the gangzones script micks uses in the future, who knows.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Joshly98

Quote from: Konali on July 15, 2012, 12:29
Quote from: Agresiv on July 15, 2012, 12:19

No, gangzones limits has been reached, so only thing possible is to make the already gangzoned islands/maps less detailed, so that there will become free space again to use new gangzones. However this might work for the Valley and Sandus 1 time, but i think after that its the same story again. Once everyone knows where the islands are i dont think its  a huge problem. Maybe there will be a update with the gangzones script micks uses in the future, who knows.

maybe smaller things, like club bases or petrol stations (in bone county outside quarry) can be removed to make room

Twido

tbh, road are too small -.- make them bigger, sure the bridge from Rockshore, LV <-> Wet county, happyland. the extra mapped pieces of land like wc,fir,eyre,vci looks nice but some stuff are stupid

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

RaceRX

all of them besides sandus key sucks. (i only like sandus because i have an idea whats coming...)
Mapping needs to be more like Truckmanias. well drawn out, realisitc, Lots of WIDE highways. AND, very long and big. like mine and jedis penis.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

KhornateMonkey

Good concept, mapping can be quite messy though. I suggest that you take time when mapping to make it look perfect.

Clutch

Quote from: RaceRX96 on July 16, 2012, 02:16
all of them besides sandus key sucks. (i only like sandus because i have an idea whats coming...)
Mapping needs to be more like Truckmanias. well drawn out, realisitc, Lots of WIDE highways. AND, very long and big. like mine and jedis penis.
WELCOME BACK, BRO
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 16:25
I'd really LOVE to live in 'Merika .

I will for sure do the Romanian-American University after i finish my highschool and probabilly apply for a job there, but we gonna see what time decides .
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 21:34
i am 'merikan .

TheSandman

Im not sure how yours and Jedis penis relates to anything long...
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Dr_dog

Mapping needs to be more like Truckmanias. well drawn out, realisitc, Lots of WIDE highways.
I have to agree. but maybe not still copy them. And the distances should be longer. I could try to sketch something like that for myself and if it goes well give it to some mapper to finish the details (I suck at them or i put too much detail to 1 place)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Twido

Quote from: Dr_dog on July 16, 2012, 10:36
Mapping needs to be more like Truckmanias. well drawn out, realisitc, Lots of WIDE highways.
I have to agree. but maybe not still copy them. And the distances should be longer. I could try to sketch something like that for myself and if it goes well give it to some mapper to finish the details (I suck at them or i put too much detail to 1 place)
Not going to happend, i talked with Ethan about this like thousands of time.. if i'm not wrong he said that its shit

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: twido on July 16, 2012, 17:44
Not going to happend, i talked with Ethan about this like thousands of time.. if i'm not wrong he said that its shit

I would love to do an entire Island network, the fact is, whether the owner of the server will accept and add it in.. if he does, he then has to do all the scripting for it like adding missions of each class, houses and general stuff for which can tak a very long time since he seems to be the only scripter for CVT