/block [player name] cmd

Started by Random_Hero, April 17, 2012, 06:55

Random_Hero

Just as the topic suggests, this command will allow you to block what someone says so you can't see it.

Maybe this can work for the mods/admins too where a mod and block the chat from 2 certain players to they can't see what each other are saying. Then a mod would have to unblock them.

This would be best to prevent fights, and keep you from seeing noobs advertise if a mod isn't on. Hopefully it would stop the 20 fights a day that CVT tends to have lately...

Let me know what you think.

Deff

And press F7 instead or just pretend to ignore.

R16RACA

i believe this was already suggested and rejected
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Anaya

Quote from: Deff on April 17, 2012, 07:21

And press F7 instead or just pretend to ignore.

Hides all the chat, this is not the solution.
+1 For the suggestion.

Nitrochegs

Already suggested. This about the 4th or 3rd time as a matter of fact. Oh yeah, and it was rejected.

<3

Twizeler

Rivieri

Random_Hero

No, not /mute. Why should one be punished by responding to what someone has said to them? Sure it's immature, but most people do it. I think blocking chat between certain people is a little better, cause then they can't fight. When someone is muted, the argument normally continues in some way or another. If both people in the fight can't see what each other say, it's a little bit better to solve.

Plus many times when people are fighting or arguing, only one person gets muted. This is unfair because sometimes the other player will end up picking on the one that's muted. If you have a chat blocked from someone, it should end because they have nothing to fight about then.

I find it's just a better way to seperate than to /mute. I know many may disagree, but there are advantages and disadvantages to the command.

I feel it's best use would be when you just don't like someone, you can just block them.

Hobo

You could F7. This would /block everyone. Or you could go to a cb and ignore the main chat. Then you could pm your friends and if they wanted to talk to you they could go to your cb or pm you.

Or you could use your ignoring skills and ignore the annoying player all together.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

RaceRX

sounds like it would lag.. if possible. Because everytime someone chats, it would have to check each player... im not a coder but thats all the makes sense to me.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Storm94

Quote from: RaceRX on April 19, 2012, 08:39
sounds like it would lag.. if possible. Because everytime someone chats, it would have to check each player... im not a coder but thats all the makes sense to me.
OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
foreach(Player, i)
{
if(!IgnorePlayer[playerid][.i])
{
new string[128];
format(string, sizeof(string), "%s{ffffff}: %s", GetPlayerName(playerid), text);
SendClientMessage(i, COLOR_YELLOW, string);
return 0;
}
return 0;
}
return 0;
}

Or something like that.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.