"on-screen clock"

Started by Styx, March 27, 2012, 13:19

Styx

i think it's a good idea if mick make "on screen clock" to show you pc clock not with GMT+ because in romania in other hour than in GMT+2. when you have enabled "on-screen clock" to show your pc hour

TheSandman

if the on screen clock in the top right corner is incorrect, go to your options and set your time zone to correct it. I know its not right anyway because im in +8, and it sets it an hour to fast anyway.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Konali

Ok guys pay attention:)

While being IG

do /settings  : select Timezone offset : ( select your timezone)

do /time and if correct you will have your own country clock time:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on March 27, 2012, 13:54
do /time and if correct you will have your own country clock time:)
GMT+yout_timezone+1hr :D

and you will have own country clock time, which works like 8 mins too forward than windows/xfire one :D

Deff

Modification of suggestion:
The problem with current clock is, that is takes offset only as integer type and not float type values.

That means it takes time offset as 1,2,3..... etc.
Some players like in 3.5, 4.5 , 5.5 (thats me btw), etc. cannot set there time offset, they will have to do it as 3,4 or 5, which is not the correct time for their country.

So the clock can be improved if float type offset could be set for ingame clock.

Tigsy

why not just show timestamps in log, thats your pc time. -shrugs-
[hide=My first encounter with mick]
Quote from: mick88rejected.
[/hide]

Strato

Or just use xfire and set the clock to be displayed in game.

mick88

Quote from: Deff on March 27, 2012, 23:13
The problem with current clock is, that is takes offset only as integer type and not float type values.

Some players like in 3.5, 4.5 , 5.5 (thats me btw), etc. cannot set there time offset, they will have to do it as 3,4 or 5, which is not the correct time for their country.

So the clock can be improved if float type offset could be set for ingame clock.

I could fix this next time I'm improving the clock. So far I've heard only Tybet having an odd timezone. What country are you from?

TheSandman

Quote from: mick88 on March 28, 2012, 08:18

I could fix this next time I'm improving the clock. So far I've heard only Tybet having an odd timezone. What country are you from?
India, but i am speaking for people from Adelade in Australia also, their time zone is +9:30 and +10:30 in summer.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Deff

Quote from: TheSandman on March 28, 2012, 08:42
Quote from: mick88 on March 28, 2012, 08:18

India, but i am speaking for people from Adelade in Australia also, their time zone is +9:30 and +10:30 in summer.

^^
As TS said I am from India,
India's timezone = +5.30 hours ahead of GMT.

Ephraim_Renais

Mick, the province of Newfoundland in Canada also has an odd timezone.  It is normally -3.5 GMT

Joshy

Just dropping this here...
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

$nake

btw remember all that..
we are all on DST now!
DST - Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time)
so..
GMT+0 => GMT+1 (GMT+0 + DST)
GMT+1 => GMT+2 (GMT+1 + DST)
GMT+2 => GMT+3 (GMT+2 + DST)
etc..

Deff

I would like to bump this thread.

Ethan

Quote from: Deff on July 15, 2012, 19:57
I would like to bump this thread.

for what reason do you have to bump this thread from 2 1/2 months ago? the suggestion is an ingame clock right, we have that

Deff

Quote from: Ethan on July 15, 2012, 21:52
ingame clock right, we have that
we don't have odd time zone in the ingame-clock, secondly I didn't wanted to make a new thread, other then this mick said the clock could be fixed, that is why i bumped it

$nake

and this current one's time has +8 or 9 mins than real time :O