Possible event idea with TM guys

Started by Rubber, January 30, 2012, 10:46

xXpirrettoXx

I am available to become one of the bidders :d

mick88

Since you're inviting Truckmania players to the event, I suggest it's hosted on Convoy Trucking server. Server hosted at home will surely lag a lot more as less and less players can come in to spectate. When TITS players come up with an event they can invite us and vice-versa.

TheGame

But I got 1 question:
Who's going to race vs them?
The best racers or truck drivers or???

Anri

Quote from: TheGame on February 01, 2012, 17:03
But I got 1 question:
Who's going to race vs them?
The best racers or truck drivers or???

who said they are gonna race ?
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

xXpirrettoXx

why dont make a selection, the best 5 will compete against TM?

Rubber

Konali and I are the "team captains" and we will choose 5 people to represent our team. I will suggest that the TM guys get a captain and do the same. I'll also inquire more about location.

Konali

Quote from: Rubber on February 01, 2012, 20:09
Konali and I are the "team captains" and we will choose 5 people to represent our team. I will suggest that the TM guys get a captain and do the same. I'll also inquire more about location.

How about! we do this event twice or more. well let me explain what i was thinking last night.

we select 2-4 team captains and TM does it also, may the best team of a certain team win :)on the other hand, we need a official player that could be trusted to time everyone and fill in honest times. so to much teams would be confusing perhaps, on the other hand, with more teams, more players could have a chance to race.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Rubber

I think if we just keep it to one group (5 players) for each side for now, it would be good. We can host this event again in a month or something and have it at their server. This could be like the Trucking Olympics. We could also create other events that we could compete in.

I am not racing for our side and I think I am honest at recording times/judging so I don't mind being the referee. However, I think TM also needs a person to referee just in case.

Also, I think each team should have 2 or 3 backup drivers in case some cannot make it.

Mick just told me in game that he can host a separate server for this event. We just need to tell him how many slots we would like and what gamemode it should be. So big thanks goes to mick for this!

[TLC]Titanio

I was thinking of something like that, you could set up a contest where you select the best 5 of the forum to compete against children truckmania, and maybe every month we could repeat everything as Rubber said in previous post could be established the World Trucking Olympics, what do you think about????

Konali

i think one of the good things to make a deal about is:

CT guys enter with Name[CT]  tag
TM guys enter with Name[TM] tag
and rubber and i or others would enter with [official] tag or somthing like it.

Just an idea to seperate things even better.

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on February 02, 2012, 13:26

good idea but who will change our names to xxxxxx[CT], coz we wont make this event on 3rd-part  server ? :)

TheGame

So, who's going to race and when?

Konali

Quote from: $nake on February 02, 2012, 14:17
Quote from: Konali on February 02, 2012, 13:26

good idea but who will change our names to xxxxxx[CT], coz we wont make this event on 3rd-part  server ? :)

I heard TM is willing to create another temp server or mick was willing to help out here. of both things are not true/working out, then i say:

2 matches: Home game for us on CT server
and away game on TM server:)

to seeif we could beat them on their own server and vice versa

KaT37

KicKer

If CT will be available, and at least 10 TM players can join, i got no problem in that :D

What's bothering me is that i can't connect to CT and i got no idea why.

Fun fact: When i work, all the players need help and ton's of reports come, But when I'm not and ready to help, no one need's it.