Possible event idea with TM guys

Started by Rubber, January 30, 2012, 10:46

Rubber

I have been thinking about this idea for a long time now. I hosted the first truck up chilliad almost a year ago now and RubKon just hosted the latest one yesterday. I think it is a challenging event (because half the contestants failed..)

I know most people hate on the Truck Mania guys when they join the server. Last time their server was down, a bunch of them came in here. They were exploring and talking about how good they were at trucking. I challenged them (nicely) to my truck up chilliad event on the spot. I think 3 or 4 guys tried it and 2 of them had times that would have been in the top 10 of all time. I actually had a good time doing this and even made friends with the TM guys for 15 minutes.

Anyway here is my suggestion for an event, let me know what you think. I say we challenge the TM guys to a Truck Up Chilliad event for fun. The way I see it, TM and CVT would each come up with a team of lets say 5 guys. Each of the team members will go one at a time in the event. At the end, all the times will be totaled. The team with the lowest combined time wins. There must be a way to account for people failing (falling off the mountain or resigning) and I think a stock penalty of 5 minutes will be awarded for these runs.

It would be kind of cool to somehow have a prize that either team could enjoy if they win, like a membership to something.

It's just a thought of mine to bring the TM and CVT guys together, I don't know why you guys are always hating on them...

Dr_Doom

I like it Rubber, Hopefully I will be able to watch or even enter in the event..  Either way I think this will be a Great way for SAMP Servers to come together and have fun....

BTW. I am trying hard to move up in Convoy Trucking, so you will probably see me more often, and more involved in the Community... Let me know what I can do to help!

xXpirrettoXx

good idea .. rubber if this event will be, will take the 5 players who have made ​​the most time low?

Konali

Rubber as said IG, i support u 100% :) either its with raving or hosting, i will be there to help you:)
i made a top 5 time without practising:) xD
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Rubber

Thanks for all the support guys but I'm not quite sure how to make this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dr_Doom

First of all, I think you should contact the TM guys and see if they are up to it... No sense in scheduling if none of them want to challenge us...

Rubber

That's true, I guess I need to talk to them. Well...wish me luck. I'm off to go visit the dark side  >:D lol.

Anri

Quote from: Rubber on January 30, 2012, 20:10
That's true, I guess I need to talk to them. Well...wish me luck. I'm off to go visit the dark side  >:D lol.

do you need me to make the ''strong guy'' ?
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Roberto_Treier

Well i think u need atleast 3-4 guys for Event Security or Safety Cars.
and +1 to u Rubber for good idea.
Il invest 100k to Event Security(if staff of security gets payd for it).
Put still good idea man,keep it up.

Rubber

I made a post on TM's server, I hope they don't take it as advertising  :o I won't post the link because I don't want to advertise here lol, damn I feel like I'm cheating on two girls at the same time.....

This could be a lot of fun.

Anri

Quote from: Rubber on January 30, 2012, 20:32
I made a post on TM's server, I hope they don't take it as advertising  :o I won't post the link because I don't want to advertise here lol, damn I feel like I'm cheating on two girls at the same time.....

This could be a lot of fun.

cheating on 2 girls at the same time is fun
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Dasdes

As Truckmania admin i support this idea. Lets see what other people think about it.

Konali

I just went to TM and  some people where for this idea, and others against.

''some noob, wil always fuck shit up''  ssomeone said that:P

:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Nate

This is an awesome idea rubber but if i have ANY chance of making the Cvt squad i will need to practice more  8)
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Joshly98

Hey Rubber, this sounds like a great idea! If the event goes ahead, could I be Event Security? Thanks.a