fair play

Started by eXitus[CZ], September 30, 2011, 05:59

eXitus[CZ]

>:( >:( i think it isnt fair play when somebody camping near house and admins dont do nothing, mick create some script for that when some player camp house not be available and now he is near house and it is available mick ask yourself if u dont destroy that server. Create please more more slots houses, or kick that campers.....

Xero

Umm, you were running around the LS Marina area for a long time as well waiting for that house so you were doing basically the same thing even if you weren't sitting in the same spot, likely to avoid being kicked.

$nake

imo best idea was with this timer stopping when player is near (on foot/in car),
and play cant be closer than idk 200m..

Ephraim_Renais

The server was changed to kick campers.  But that probably only works within a certain range of the house or doesn't activate until the moment before the house opens for sale.  Admins can kick those that are sitting near the house, but only if the server is full.  Some admins respawn campers first before kicking.

We all want more houses, but Mick probably won't be adding them so we'll have to live with what is out there.

Konali

U camped the 5 slots for at lest 8 hours straight, so now u want to suggest rules against urself?  :biggrin:
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Nagy_Sanyi

How Mick destroys CVT when it becomes more and more popular?

This cant be solved 100%.All admins can do is kicking the house campers or creating a rule like house campers get a warn

eXitus[CZ]

Yes i camp too but i drive over LS sometimes go to red county (dillimore and highway to Angel Pine) and in night i do limo missions.

Nagy: Yes it is popular but when i join it it was funny 1 slot is for 450K 2 slots 800K there was big, u can choice from about 30 houses... and now is only sometimes 1,2,3 slots house...it´smatter of opinion

Marccc

Micks script about house camping fails. The only way i see is adding more houses.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

eXitus[CZ]

$nake

Quote from: Nagy_Sanyi on September 30, 2011, 11:25
or creating a rule like house campers get a warn
get a ban..

Quote from: Marccc on September 30, 2011, 11:39
Micks script about house camping fails. The only way i see is adding more houses.
+1

mrtrlt

There are probably hundreds of houses that could activated yet still, none of them are...??? Why??

mick88

I can't keep adding houses. We have nearly 1000 of them, and can't add more. What I can do is increase house prices so less players can afford them and less houses will be taken.
Or I could make houses rentable, much like the bases, so players would have to pay rent to keep the house or lose it.

TheGame

Quote from: mick88 on September 30, 2011, 17:22
I can't keep adding houses. We have nearly 1000 of them, and can't add more. What I can do is increase house prices so less players can afford them and less houses will be taken.
Or I could make houses rentable, much like the bases, so players would have to pay rent to keep the house or lose it.

mick,
that last thing is a really nice one.
I think that you need to add that.

$nake

only 1 slots houses can be rentable, rest should stay as it is, and rule about 59th day'ers should be made..

mick88

Quote from: $nake on September 30, 2011, 18:05
only 1 slots houses can be rentable, rest should stay as it is, and rule about 59th day'ers should be made..

Because you don't own a 1 slot and you want to be excluded from paying rent?

$nake

Quote from: mick88 on September 30, 2011, 18:45
Quote from: $nake on September 30, 2011, 18:05
Because you don't own a 1 slot and you want to be excluded from paying rent?
coz every1 newbie wanna buy them and they have no money
plus if they will buy, they keepin logging every 59th day :)

Xero

Would this be for pre-owned houses or un-owned? I think it should be implemented on every house in cvt! I wouldn't mind paying rent to keep my house, like base price works. 1m house could cost 100k, 2m be 200k (or 50k after the first 1m meaning 2m would be 150k, 3m 200k) a month and that would open up so many more houses after a couple months instead of waiting 60 days for these to open up forcing people to play. This would mean you can't just log in anymore for 1 minute, now you have to log in, pay your rent and then log out. These people wouldn't be making money, they'd be spending it eventually running out forcing their house to be sold.

Konali

This problem mostly occur for players that want to have a bigger house. The starter of the topic has a 4 slots and he wanted to expand to 5 slots, to me thats just not so big of issue that we all have to suffer for it.  Because if u cant be happy with what ur having right now or dont have the patience to wait for that once chance yeah than it sucks..

But 1-2 and ofter 3 slots are really  much on the  /forsale list. only 4 slots or higher we have issues with and that is because alot of big slots owners doesnt play much. I think that the problem is that  those players keeping their homes by playing 5 minuts on a 60day basis, and after many topics/discusions about that i still believe that those players are taking up '' big houses''for newer upcomming veterans.

Raise house prices will hurt mostly the newer players because most houses that are frequently available are 1,2 & 3 slots, So i really think the problem is under the ' veteran players ', and raising house prices wont effect them only those rookies who are working their ass of to get a home.

Rookie joins server >
works for a 1,2 slots>
works more and becomes a regular player >
cant buy a (3) 4,5 slots because old '' inactive'' players hold them.  <<<--- here does the real problem starts

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on September 30, 2011, 21:52
Rookie joins server >
works for a 1,2 slots>
cant buy a (3) 4,5 slots because old '' inactive'' players hold them.  <<<--- here does the real problem starts
this is what should be changed at the beginning instead of rising houses prices
or making them rentable.. rentable are bases thats enough..
like konalie said (and me couple of times before), these players like adek,
sky or others should be evicted after admin check of their logging history
or just make script which will smart-check that..
its totally unfair when new player wants to buy house and he cant coz old noob blocks it
by logging in every 59th day.. these noobs should be banned for (yes its that too) farming house..

Konali

Quote from: $nake on September 30, 2011, 21:58
Quote from: Konali on September 30, 2011, 21:52
Rookie joins server >
works for a 1,2 slots>
this is what should be changed at the beginning instead of rising houses prices
or making them rentable.. rentable are bases thats enough..
like konalie said (and me couple of times before), these players like adek,
sky or others should be evicted after admin check of their logging history
or just make script which will smart-check that..
its totally unfair when new player wants to buy house and he cant coz old noob blocks it
by logging in every 59th day.. these noobs should be banned for (yes its that too) farming house..

For once i agree 99,9% with you hahah except that banning thinghy :) for example u can check Adek's activity and u will se he has played maybe 15 hours over a period from  120 days, he could of lost his home twice now..   ( just an example :P but it happens )

Spekter

Quote from: eXitus[CZ] on September 30, 2011, 05:59
>:( >:( i think it isnt fair play when somebody camping near house and admins dont do nothing, mick create some script for that when some player camp house not be available and now he is near house and it is available mick ask yourself if u dont destroy that server. Create please more more slots houses, or kick that campers.....

You are making suggestion against yourself? Alright....

Strato

What I can do is increase house prices so less players can afford them and less houses will be taken.

+69

Matheus

Quote from: SweetEmotion on October 01, 2011, 21:09
What I can do is increase house prices so less players can afford them and less houses will be taken.

+111111111111   Nice idea, but you mapers should make other island only for rentable houses, or delete the houses of players with 60 days offline.  :D

HeLiOn_PrImE

Paying the rent would make things harder for all players. I agree that most of the houses will be available, but people would be forced to play just to keep their stuff (house and cars). There are players that would agree for now, but there are others, like me, who don't play to get rich. One of the reasons I love this server is because I don't have to see all the crappy maps I see on my stunt server all day. To chill out, I get in the truck, I turn on my user track player and I just drive admiring the beautiful landscapes.

Why do I need my house for? I need it because it's nice to have your own car waiting for you to drive it whenever you want to. Having to work for that would turn the pleasant driving into something completely different. We will be racing to get the job done faster so we can pay the rent.

So it's a -1 for that. The only good solution left is to raise the prices.

By the way, Mick said that there are nearly 1000 houses on the server. So that means CVT may have over 1000 players in total?
no animated signatures allowed

$nake

Quote from: helion_prime on October 04, 2011, 00:22
By the way, Mick said that there are nearly 1000 houses on the server. So that means CVT may have over 1000 players in total?
35,000 registered accounts, 3,000 active :)

HeLiOn_PrImE

Holly sh!t !!! srry for the off topic
no animated signatures allowed

Strato

Quote from: Matheus on October 02, 2011, 00:41
Quote from: SweetEmotion on October 01, 2011, 21:09

+111111111111   Nice idea, but you mapers should make other island only for rentable houses, or delete the houses of players with 60 days offline.  :D

when someone's 60 days offline the house is automaticly going on /forsale

Micovil

it is stupid to rent house that you bought -.- i would rader whant that house goes on /forsale when you aren't on server for 60 days

Konali

AS said before this suggestion was made by the house camper himself and he was just extremely pissed about the fact he waited 10+ hours for nothing. ( while he has a 4slots already ). In the end there is just 1 question that has to be solved: How to get the bigger slots houses earlier for sale.

most common issue is that some big slots houses wont come for sale while old players are inactive like shit.. For example i will use Nox or Adek, Diuvel17 (or sth) no personal issues with them but all they did was comming once online in 60 days and play 5 minutes.

So raising house prices will not hurt them because they have no reason to move out, all they want is to keep their house to annoy us, to kepp it for another period when they will be active again. Raising house prices will result in unhappy rookies and regular players and in my opinion thats not right because what did they do? They played the game nothing more than that, and thats the reason why they should be hurted?

Yes i dont have to complain because im a rich player with a big slots home, but  i got that when times where easier here ( lower house prices , less players , 2 houses each player and so on) . But im here to help, thats my duty as a moderator and i really believe this is unfair, mean and its unneeded to hurt active players and new rookies.
thanks

Konali

$nake

Quote from: Konali on October 07, 2011, 11:03
AS said before this suggestion was made by the house camper himself and he was just extremely pissed about the fact he waited 10+ hours for nothing. ( while he has a 4slots already ). In the end there is just 1 question that has to be solved: How to get the bigger slots houses earlier for sale.

most common issue is that some big slots houses wont come for sale while old players are inactive like shit.. For example i will use Nox or Adek, Diuvel17 (or sth) no personal issues with them but all they did was comming once online in 60 days and play 5 minutes.

So raising house prices will not hurt them because they have no reason to move out, all they want is to keep their house to annoy us, to kepp it for another period when they will be active again. Raising house prices will result in unhappy rookies and regular players and in my opinion thats not right because what did they do? They played the game nothing more than that, and thats the reason why they should be hurted?

Yes i dont have to complain because im a rich player with a big slots home, but  i got that when times where easier here ( lower house prices , less players , 2 houses each player and so on) . But im here to help, thats my duty as a moderator and i really believe this is unfair, mean and its unneeded to hurt active players and new rookies.
thanks

Konali
indeed konalie

my idea: every1 must play at least 1hr (or 30 mins) per 10 (or 20) days,
3 (or 5) fails makes account disabled (till player wants to reenable it by official forum form)..
of course house goes for sale after these fails and player cant log in (coz he will keep avoiding)..