Getting Muted

Started by alexgarbz, September 29, 2011, 12:34

Mr.Kangaroo

As more and more people seem to become muted evryday when admins arent online, maybe you (admins) could think about adding a feature so that u get muted for a specific time length ( 10 mins, 20 mins, etc.) instead of having to wait for an admin to come online to unmute you.. i dont get muted hardly evcer, but i think its still a great idea.
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

mrtrlt

Maybe, or they could make the system a little bit less sensitive. Like ie instead of "L" - Input=L "If You continue to flood you will be banned! you could do it twice before it started the warning then Mute system. This happens to me all the time.. I would say sfy and then attempt to say sry and then it would say If You continue to flood you will be banned!

Something to be done... Hmmmm, depends if mick agrees. :/

HeLiOn_PrImE

They get muted because they don't pay enough attention when they write something in the chat and they try to rewrite the message over and over again. Being more careful will prevent everyone from getting muted.
no animated signatures allowed

Konali

Quote from: helion_prime on September 29, 2011, 14:05
They get muted because they don't pay enough attention when they write something in the chat and they try to rewrite the message over and over again. Being more careful will prevent everyone from getting muted.

agree, you could also wait 5 seconds and try it again.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Nagy_Sanyi

This is not so big problem you must be careful.I only got muted for "spamming" once(Have been playing here since 1 year) If you get the warning message then use other letters or wait 5 sec,not that hard

$nake

Quote from: Konali on September 29, 2011, 14:17
Quote from: helion_prime on September 29, 2011, 14:05
agree, you could also wait 5 seconds and try it again.
+1

Xero

One rule to add should be "If you use the same sentence/word more then three times in a row you get muted" Why, because you see these spammers come in and advertise other servers and they don't get muted cause they're waiting a certain amount of time before each message.

$nake

Quote from: Xero on September 30, 2011, 01:11
One rule to add should be "If you use the same sentence/word more then three times in a row you get muted" Why, because you see these spammers come in and advertise other servers and they don't get muted cause they're waiting a certain amount of time before each message.
no, coz they can avoid being cought.. its not a big problem..

Deff

something should be done on this case for sure...
it needs atleast some change about auto-mute (like time length, maybe 20min)

Joshy

It says in RED to stop flooding, your fault if you ignore this warning.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mick88

So you're effectively saying that spammers are smarter than you.

Xero

Quote from: mick88 on September 30, 2011, 18:40

So you're effectively saying that spammers are smarter than you.

No no, I mean they know how to avoid the flooding system in place. Take for example the guy from Truckmania last week, he spammed their servers IP for about half an hour repeating the same message over and over again but without being muted after the first few times.

HeLiOn_PrImE

Quote from: Xero on September 30, 2011, 19:08
No no, I mean they know how to avoid the flooding system in place. Take for example the guy from Truckmania last week, he spammed their servers IP for about half an hour repeating the same message over and over again but without being muted after the first few times.

Doesn't the server have anti IP script, to prevent this thing? You get banned automatically for writing IP or web addresses. Lots of servers have that.
no animated signatures allowed

$nake

Quote from: helion_prime on October 02, 2011, 22:09
Doesn't the server have anti IP script, to prevent this thing? You get banned automatically for writing IP or web addresses. Lots of servers have that.
should be but.. u can avoid being cought..

mrtrlt

Quote from: $nake on October 02, 2011, 23:37
Quote from: helion_prime on October 02, 2011, 22:09
should be but.. u can avoid being cought..

Exactly $nake. what if they were to writr for example Convoy Trucking's IP: 1 8 8 . 1 6 5 . 2 5 3 . 1 7 1 : 9500

What's stopping them from doing that?