computer or account identifier

Started by HeLiOn_PrImE, September 23, 2011, 23:22

HeLiOn_PrImE

I daily look at the ban appeals to see what excuses are brought by cheaters and I often came across these terms.

What is a computer or account identifier? I mean it obviously helps you prevent ban evading, but what information does it hold? And more importantly, how can it be created?
no animated signatures allowed

Joshy

It's nothing personally identifiable, it's been hashed so to us it either looks like a checkbox (yes or no - does it match with .... account) or loads of random numbers and characters.

I can't go into deep detail as it would allow people to ban evade.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

HeLiOn_PrImE

not even in PM? I run my own server and I face this like more than 10 times per day because the little hackers are very persistent. I've searched over the sa-mp forum, but I got nothing.

Dan_Nobleman

From what I take of it, Whats happening is that every time you connect to a server, your IP and SWID (Software ID) get transmitted through the console. I guess that the server has access to this information and if the SWID matches, it probably displays a message to the admins.

This isn't rocket science to figure out.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

mick88

Quote from: helion_prime on September 24, 2011, 00:45
not even in PM? I run my own server and I face this like more than 10 times per day because the little hackers are very persistent. I've searched over the sa-mp forum, but I got nothing.

Sa-mp forum does not allow posting about it either. It's a feature known for the chosen ones only.

HeLiOn_PrImE

that's just great... Thx anyway...