Special Suggestion/Request/Appeal to Mick88

Started by mircea9892004, September 17, 2011, 18:12

mircea9892004

Hi

It's been a while since I played CVT and I missed it a great deal, and I'm still having a busy schedule but I might start playing a bit more often now. I've logged in-game today and felt real nostalgic about all the good times and fun I've had on the server and all that, and so I got to remember the various ways I used to have fun, among which there was my favorite activity: running from the cops in my Vortex :D

But I could only have been "Deliverator the Uncatcheble" for as long as the Vortex had Cruise Control (which made turning real quick) and gave the little machine some other special features, which all contributed to being "uncatcheble", and they all made up for the lack of speed that it has. All to the point where you removed the CC off the boats and my special little machine became (to quote an angry cop:) "some flying shit". And now I'm not so uncatcheble, so there's no fun in it..

So my special appeal is this: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE return the CC to the boats, there's no one that will use it to drive the boats on land, I haven't heard of or seen anyone ever try that, and even if they would, they could only go in straight line, so there's no use of it...so we wouldn't have boats on land or roads!! Or if it's possible, return CC to Vortex only, but if you have to return it to all boats, please know that I'm not the only one wishing to have CC on his Vortex again, and by this, I ask all the Vortex owners to back me up in this thread and ask Mick88 very nicely to take a few seconds of his time to edit some value in a file or something...turn a 0 into 1 or something like that...

A million thanks in advance and I'll owe you! :D
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Joshy

How about if vehicle (boat) Z goes over a certain threshold (let's say 5, above sea level), disable CC.

So this should give water CC back to all boats, but as Deliverator said; return the awesome CC feature in Vortex.

[hide=Joshy's story of when tried PAWN]
He moved the PWN instead of the compiled AMX to Filterscripts folder. Sat there for 30 minutes wondering why it failed to load...[/hide]
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mircea9892004

Wouldn't that threshold disable the Vortexs' CC as well, when it goes on land? CC is indeed needed on land more then on water, that's where you have to dodge the cars..

Joshy

Quote from: mircea9892004 on September 17, 2011, 22:32

Wouldn't that threshold disable the Vortexs' CC as well, when it goes on land? CC is indeed needed on land more then on water, that's where you have to dodge the cars..
I mean give water CC back to boats (not on land though), but then classify Vortex as a car / boat hybrid so it can use CC on land and water.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mircea9892004

Exactly!! That!! I thought the class of the Vortex was programmed into the client or something..anyway this stuff is out of my league but something has to be possible, like you said...hope mick will consider it, and I very much hope he is not going to reply "NO" and lock the topic..

HeLiOn_PrImE

so you are asking for a tool to give the cops a hard time. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were in their place? This would be called another unfair advantage. You have all sorts of vehicles to choose. I get that you like being on the bad side, but let's put that away.

Don't make this harder than already is for the cops. They already have a hard time catching showoffs who drive fast cars, and have to put up with insults from half the server. That would cause people to spit in their face even more.
no animated signatures allowed

mircea9892004

That would all be true, except cops are NOT in a difficult position. It's not like somebody's making them to work as a cop, it's their choice and they can just as well chose any other class to play on the server. But if you choose to be a cop, you commit to put up with whatever "lies ahead' , and fast cars drivers and me with a CC vortex are not ALL the suspects, they can always go chase the guy in a perenial, if you catch my drift.
So me, as an individual, I don't care, I want the CC for myself, not to give cops a hard time, who after all, they themselves give a harder time to other players by blocking, weighting and so on..

HeLiOn_PrImE

Blocking? maybe the noobs who deserve their badge taken. Weighting is part of the job, we don't weigh people to give them hard time.

Speaking of the CC. Everyday I see showoffs who drive fast cars and post on chat things like "come on, pigs, catch me!!". Regardless of your needs, you are asking for making a vehicle extremely hard to catch. There are already tones of vehicles to chose for entering a chase.

So in the name of the cops, I say a big -1 for this.

Here's another reason: In real life, those vehicles don't have CC. I get that this is a game, but convoy trucking is based on real life. So again: -1.

Don't do this, Mick, please!!

mircea9892004

Quoteyou are asking for making a vehicle extremely hard to catch

Man what is your problem exactly? Did I come into your threads telling you what you are doing? That's not what I'm asking for, I'm asking to make a vehicle extremely FUN for ME, I don't care if the cops can catch me or not (which by-the-way, they actually HAVE on a few ocasions), it's not like there are rules against vehicles that make a cop's job hard, infernus has 302 km/h top speed, Vortex would have sharp turn in this case, life goes on. So don't tell me what I'm asking for, you don't know me. This appeal is towards mick88, and unless this would make your job impossible which is not, since you can always go chase some other suspect in a faggio (if that's not too hard for you), please - Stay out of it!!

HeLiOn_PrImE

this action doesn't affect only you, it affects all the players, so I am free to express myself. I have nothing against you.

KaT37

Quote from: mircea9892004 on September 20, 2011, 09:35
if you catch my drift.

ok! ur tough huh ? challenge the dreeft kitty ;) this street ghost will beat the shit out of u in a drift pursuit :P

HeLiOn_PrImE

I think drift was a metaphor....but...whatever...

mircea9892004

Helion you've got loose fingers, you type too much.

Kat37, what drift pursuit are you talking about exactly? :P  Suppose I wanna challenge the "dreeft kitty" 8)

Edit: anyway that's another thread, please start one in general talk or send me a message about it, I want this to remain about the CC to properly address it to mick88.

So I'd thank everyone in advance to refrain from just "dropping in" with whatever comes through their mind.

Spekter

I still dont get cops that give a flying f*** about vortex suspects. Running in a vortex is pretty low, if you ask me.

mircea9892004

You obviously can't read. I asked you all to refrain from posting whatever comes through your mind, especially something that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to ask mick88 for. And no, I didn't ask you sveki, nobody asked you anythin.

Thanks fo nothing.