News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Nate's Rally League

Started by Nate, February 26, 2012, 02:48

Nate

Hi everyone Nate here and i'm back with another event! I would like to start off by asking that if an admin could sticky this topic, that would be great. I realized a while back that its not all about the money. I have everything i want: i have a nice house, a fleet of cars, and  There is a lot to explain in this post so lets get right into it. My long awaited event has arrived! This one will be rally racing once again, but with a little bit of a twist on it this time. I explain it all here:

What is it?
This event will be what i call a "Rally League" in which 16 racers will be competing in races at the same time every week for eight (8.) weeks. Each week will have its own separate topic. Races will be held at a different track every week!

Requirements to be able to compete
Since i do not want a "Rookie Trucker" winning the large amount of money that will be discussed later, i have set forth these requirements that you MUST meet in order to compete in the league:
-Rank of "Transport Tycoon"
-You must own the vehicle you will compete with (or borrow one from a friend)

Qualifying for the League
I will be running this event different then past rally events and you must earn your spot in the Rally League. There will be 16 sign up slots with an additional 4 slots in case racers from the original 32 cannot make the qualifying time. To sign up post a reply in this format:
In-Game Name:
Car you will be using:
Will you follow rules:

To qualify you must complete 2 laps on the Angel Pine/Whetstone track as fast as possible. Racers will be going one at a time and the fastest 8 times will be in the Rally League! Here is the route for the qualifier if you dont already know it:

(qualifying race will be next saturday at 12:00 GMT -5. This will be the same time for every weekly race.
Cars that are allowed
In the interest of fairness, i have excluded my personal favorite rally car (Comet) from the list of cars that can be used. The ONLY cars that can be used are the following:
-Elegy
-Sultan

These are two very evenly matched vehicles. Elegy has a higher top speed, but the Sultan has better Handling and control on off-road tracks. If you ask me, the sultan is the superior car here, but also costs about 2x as much as an elegy so i will leave this decision up to you.

Rules

-Follow all orders given by Event Staff or face being immediately Disqualified from the entire event
-Be kind and courteous to your fellow racers
-have FUN!

Points system
The winners of the Rally League will be determined from the Rally League Leaderboard. After every race i will update the Leaderboard with the amount of points that you won during that weeks race. The point values will be the following:
1st place= 10 points
2nd place= 8 points
3rd place= 7 points
4th place= 6 points
5th place= 5 points
6th place= 4 points
7th place= 3 points
8th place= 1 point

At the end of all 8 races, the racer with the most points wins the Rally League!

Prizes
The prizes for this event may be on a scale never before seen in Convoy Trucking.

1st Place= $2,500,000
2nd Place= $1,000,000
3rd Place= $500,000
4th Place= A pat on the back

That just about concludes it for this post. Look on forum for updates.

**EDIT**
I forgot to add that if you are not currently rank of "Transport Tycoon" you can still compete but by the end of the event to claim your prize you must reach that requirement.

=======================================================
Rally League Standings
1) Zedd[PL] --- 48 points
2)Fr3sh -------- 45 points
3)Soilwork ----- 26 points
4)Sveki -------- 25 points
5)Pancakes --- 18 points
6)fuus --------- 12 points
7)Axxy --------- 12 points
8)Eddie ------- 0 points (Did not attend race)

As of week  6
Biggest gain this week: PanCakes went from 6th to 5th place!

New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Vinny

Nice one Nate ! Hope I will be available at the time of the event :/
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

fuus

Mortensen97

haha Nice track what time is the race ??

Vinny

What is up with this event ? Never ended ...
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Nate

Quote from: Vinny on July 02, 2012, 14:53
What is up with this event ? Never ended ...

Since i was not able to make it ingame for a month, i decided to not finish the last 2 events (since most of the racers couldn't attend). All prize money was distributed when i returned in May.
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]